Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saratoga Springs Hill Ride
Quote | Reply
I'll be in Saratoga tomorrow and hoping to have time to get a ride in late afternoon.

I know I'll need to drive to somewhere to get away from the traffic and hope to find a 20 minute hill for repeats close by. Got to beat the 7pm sunset!

Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Saratoga Springs Hill Ride [mharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a bit north, but Old La Honda (starts at Portola Rd. and goes to Skyline) is just about the perfect 20min. hill (5K at 8%). Descend down 84 and repeat.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Saratoga Springs Hill Ride [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Titanflexr!

Can you give me some coordinants, or closest intersection I can plug into the gps?
Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just outside of town (8-10 miles) is lake desolation Rd., a popular long climb (20-30') depending on ability. Head north to greenfield. It's off of middle grove Rd. It's a ride you could easily do right from town without having to drive out there. Park at the ymca or high school.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The intersection would be Portola and Old La Honda.

The traditional start of the climb is about 100m from the intersection at the small bridge.

You would probably take 85 to 280 and exit at Sand Hill. Sand Hill turns into Portola after about a mile.

The typical repeat loop is OLH up to Skyline for the climb. Turn right on Skyline and then down 84 in about 1/2 a mile at Alice's Restaurant (from the song). Turn right at the bottom of 84 and in 1/2 mile you can do another right onto Portola (1/2 mile back to OLH and the next repeat).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might be a little too far north, but Graphite Mountain outside of Hague on Lake George is a burner. Basically start anywhere on 9N and then turn onto Rt 8/Graphite Mountain Rd.

Or, if you want a little longer, ride a little further north on 9N, past Rt 8, then turn L onto Rt 21. Follow Rt 21 up until it T's with Rt 8/Graphite Mountain Rd. Turn R and continue to climb!

https://www.google.com/maps/place/9854+Graphite+Mountain+Rd,+Hague,+NY+12836/@43.7453379,-73.5013917,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m13!1m7!3m6!1s0x89dff948e299f4d3:0x75a6494ca7bce96!2sGraphite+Mountain+Rd,+Hague,+NY+12836!3b1!8m2!3d43.7505765!4d-73.5668048!3m4!1s0x89dffe44bfa14289:0xf4f4e5b34aadf267!8m2!3d43.7453379!4d-73.499203

Quote Reply
Re: Saratoga Springs Hill Ride [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all for the routes!
Much appreciated.
Mike
Quote Reply