Prev Next
Sanders... Motivation
Quote | Reply
Wow, Just Wow ;)

IronMan Video
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [alexanderzlenz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love this guy, he is just so much fun to follow. Its only 10,5 months to kona ;-)

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [tri-run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saw that. It's fun to watch and listen to athletes like Lionel. Hoping for an injury free year for everyone and another big showdown on the Island.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is he on Zwift for running?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [jdais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like he is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm actually not so impressed by his so-called amazing motivation.

Seriously, I think nearly any AG triathlete, if given the rapid improvement and awesome results that LS has racked up in his buildup, could tolerate his training regimen despite being mostly indoors. I mean, come on - you're legitimately training to be the freaking WORLD CHAMPION, and have a string of races over years showing a realistic and FAST progression toward that result.

How much more motivation do you need?! If I was winning HIMs and IMs left and right, in my training buildup from day one where I decided to take triathlon seriously, I would have NO problem staring at a wall for 8 hours per day on a treadmill or bike trainer.

Almost every talented athlete I knew who hit that 'fast-improvement' curve of their sport, had zero problems busting tail, even if it was 12 hours per day, as it was so exciting to improve and hit their potential.

What's hard is staring at a wall for hours when you're well past lifetime improvements, racing for no glory, no fame, and likely no kudos from even your family as a typical AGer, and doing it year after year after year. THAT is hard.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:

What's hard is staring at a wall for hours when you're well past lifetime improvements, racing for no glory, no fame, and likely no kudos from even your family as a typical AGer, and doing it year after year after year. THAT is hard

Can I use that as my new signature line?
Solid Gold

"Good genes are not a requirement, just the obsession to beat ones brains out daily"...the Griz
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
lightheir wrote:

What's hard is staring at a wall for hours when you're well past lifetime improvements, racing for no glory, no fame, and likely no kudos from even your family as a typical AGer, and doing it year after year after year. THAT is hard

Solid Gold

Agree. that quote from lightheir is CLASSIC

Not everything is as it seems -Mr. Miyagi
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [stringcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stringcheese wrote:
lightheir wrote:

Solid Gold

Hah! Please do!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it safe to say

-Frodo is out of contention 2019 as he has baby #2 on the way?

-Also I wonder how much Kienle 'wants it' anymore?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
I'm actually not so impressed by his so-called amazing motivation.

Seriously, I think nearly any AG triathlete, if given the rapid improvement and awesome results that LS has racked up in his buildup, could tolerate his training regimen despite being mostly indoors. I mean, come on - you're legitimately training to be the freaking WORLD CHAMPION, and have a string of races over years showing a realistic and FAST progression toward that result.

How much more motivation do you need?! If I was winning HIMs and IMs left and right, in my training buildup from day one where I decided to take triathlon seriously, I would have NO problem staring at a wall for 8 hours per day on a treadmill or bike trainer.

Almost every talented athlete I knew who hit that 'fast-improvement' curve of their sport, had zero problems busting tail, even if it was 12 hours per day, as it was so exciting to improve and hit their potential.

Dude, have a cup of coffee and get your ass in gear.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [ErickBar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ErickBar wrote:
Is it safe to say

Won't there be some bloke called Javier Gomez making his debut in Kona next year?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, I hope so...

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [chxddstri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X3, very good perspective of us common peasants!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Also I wonder how much Kienle 'wants it' anymore? //

I watched that video he did after his latest ironman win last week, and it appears he want if more than ever. It was the reason to do this race even though he did not train for it, and was really gunning for Island house the week before. But he wanted to get the qualifying out of the way so it was not a factor going into next year. Although he said he probably would still do a summer Ironman as that combination has served him well in the past, he just doesn't have to. And it also gives him a free pass to pull any plug at a race he is having trouble in, or leading to a possible injury.

And the other telling thing he said was that he felt that several guys will be going just for the win, the ones with 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or previous wins even. So basically he was talking about himself when he said another 3rd or 4th doesn't matter to a guy that has already won it..And he knows how the race will play out too, more uberbikers all trying to distance themselves from Lionel, or just keep up with him. He has to hope for a hotter and harder bike day and be on of course. But any guy that has run in the 2;40's in Kona with his bike is always a threat..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ErickBar wrote:
Is it safe to say

x2 on Kienle wanting it - I see some telltale signs of him being extremely motivated.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
stringcheese wrote:
lightheir wrote:

Solid Gold

Hah! Please do!

Can slowman add this to the landing page of ST.....a quote about "Why are you all here?"....You're here because you are all losers, have no chance of glory yet beat yourselves against the brick wall every day for the love of it even if your families and employers wonder about your twisted priorities"

OK, where do I sign up for this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ErickBar wrote:
Is it safe to say

I think Kienle wants Roth aswell as Kona. Something about that last interview, getting KQ done and having multiple options and maybe doing a full anyways. It's the biggest race in europe and IIRC he hasn't won it yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [jpanula] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jpanula wrote:
ErickBar wrote:
Is it safe to say

I think Kienle wants Roth aswell as Kona. Something about that last interview, getting KQ done and having multiple options and maybe doing a full anyways. It's the biggest race in europe and IIRC he hasn't won it yet.

That is probably the correct answer...Sebi's going to Roth!
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
jpanula wrote:
ErickBar wrote:
Is it safe to say

That is probably the correct answer...Sebi's going to Roth!

What about the Collin's cup ?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Isn't that at Roth?
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
Isn't that at Roth?

yes

so maybe he is doing the Collins Cup at Roth but not Roth itself ?
I think the races are different.
Rumor is the prize money will be good.
Quote Reply
Re: Sanders... Motivation [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope there is good coverage of the Collins cup, I'd love to watch it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
its more funny because that used to be a picture of frodo :)

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
What's hard is staring at a wall for hours when you're well past lifetime improvements, racing for no glory, no fame, and likely no kudos from even your family as a typical AGer, and doing it year after year after year. THAT is hard.

Dude... brilliantly stated. Most, if not all of us here, are perfectly described by that statement. And right now, my motivation is at an all time low... so much so I'm starting to get concerned. :/

Hard, indeed.
Quote Reply

Prev Next