Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle Nose Damage from Transition Racks (any way to avoid it?)
Quote | Reply
I race about 10-15 times a season but after 2 years the leather underneath the saddle nose has ripped. I ended up replacing the saddle but would like to avoid having the same issue again. Has anyone tried covering that portion of the saddle with electrical tape or rubberized spray? Or have you tried anything else with success?
Thanks!

-Michael Welch My Blog
Supported by: TEAM ZOOT Swiftwick
For all your endurance shopping needs
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Nose Damage from Transition Racks (any way to avoid it?) [in10siv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you put a small towel on the rack? My seat is forward enough that it rests on the rails.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Nose Damage from Transition Racks (any way to avoid it?) [in10siv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rack on handle bars. My bike has always been to tall to get the saddle on the racks so I never even have the choice.. I know transition is all about saving seconds. But seriously, that might save 2 and if it is wrecking your saddle you have to ask is it worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Nose Damage from Transition Racks (any way to avoid it?) [noxious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've tried a towel/rag before with success. I was hoping for a more permenant fix.

-Michael Welch My Blog
Supported by: TEAM ZOOT Swiftwick
For all your endurance shopping needs
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Nose Damage from Transition Racks (any way to avoid it?) [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Rack on handle bars. My bike has always been to tall to get the saddle on the racks so I never even have the choice.. I know transition is all about saving seconds. But seriously, that might save 2 and if it is wrecking your saddle you have to ask is it worth it.

^^^This. If you are worried about your saddle, rack with your bars.

"Just don’t abandon everything you’ve ever learned because of something someone said on the internet." - Eric McGinnis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bring a 1ft. piece of foam pipe insulation to place over the rack.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, try racking your bike as the racks were initially designed for: By the handlebars using the brake levers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If this is an ITU event, bear in mind that the first racking must be done by the saddle nose, unless you get permission otherwise

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Nose Damage from Transition Racks (any way to avoid it?) [ScottWrigleyFit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is not always possible though. Space wise and in some cases specific race rules.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Nose Damage from Transition Racks (any way to avoid it?) [tkos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tkos wrote:
If this is an ITU event, bear in mind that the first racking must be done by the saddle nose, unless you get permission otherwise

Yep, have had my bike turned around by the ITU when I have racked it "backwards"..

But I always rack by the brake handles.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply