Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle Height
Quote | Reply
For Triathlon, does the premise of "putting your heel on the pedal, pedaling backwards, and your heel should just be popping off the pedal at the bottom of the stroke, leg straight" apply? I find it's remarkably close to where my fitter has me at but I only hear this being used in road bike fits....thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Height [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it doesn't cause hip rocking, saddle irritation or hyperextension of your leg issues then this is fine. I'm guessing for Tri riding it won't. I like good leg extension but the truth of the matter is, its not really a more powerful position. Whether your hip angle ends up being 150 or 155 isn't going to provide a more powerful stroke. Best to try it at 150 or even a little less for a couple weeks, then 155 (this should correspond to heel on the pedal as you mentioned).

Having said this, I don't typically ride Tri so I defer to anyone who has more experience riding Tri on this question.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle Height [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This "heel" method gets me to exactly 145 degrees of extension. I have ridden with a larger angle but find I'm more comfortable on the adamo for longer periods of time with a slightly lower saddle....

NealH wrote:
If it doesn't cause hip rocking, saddle irritation or hyperextension of your leg issues then this is fine. I'm guessing for Tri riding it won't. I like good leg extension but the truth of the matter is, its not really a more powerful position. Whether your hip angle ends up being 150 or 155 isn't going to provide a more powerful stroke. Best to try it at 150 or even a little less for a couple weeks, then 155 (this should correspond to heel on the pedal as you mentioned).

Having said this, I don't typically ride Tri so I defer to anyone who has more experience riding Tri on this question.
Quote Reply