Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
SWF looking for long term relationship(bike pics added)
Quote | Reply
Single = bikeless :-)

Just a little background. My first long term relationship was with Mr. Aluminum. We were together for 3 years. We had a great time, but I knew he wasn't the one. I figured if I worked on the relationship, it would get better. I bought him Mavic Krysiums and things were better for awhile. If we hung out for short periods of time, we had a blast. After about 5-6 hours together, he was, well, a pain in the ass. I started hanging out at bike shops with my girlfriends and I met Mr. Carbon. Mr. Aluminum and I had an amicable breakup, we're still friends.

Mr. Carbon was a hottie. Lust at first sight. He was so smooth and sooo... good. We could ride for hours and I just wanted more. If we didn't see each other for a day, he was all I thought about. The only downside, he was so sensitive. I felt like I had to treat him with kid gloves. I couldn't be myself. I felt the slightest infraction and the relationship would be over. Well, I was right. I had one bad day and it was over. We were only together for 6 weeks, but it felt like forever. We had catastrophic relationship failure.

I was hurt. Felt like I would never find Mr. Right and I did a bad thing. I went for a ride with Mr. Aluminum. I told him it was a one time thing. But, I know I broke his heart. It wasn't the same. Good news is I met a new guy the next day!

Mr. Titanium. I don't know much about him. He a cutie though. He seems like he would be really reliable and fun. I really felt comfortable around him and could act like myself. I've been asking around and I'm not sure he's as smooth as Mr. Carbon. So, does anyone know about Mr. Titanium? What have you heard?
Last edited by: RoughOnStuff: May 27, 06 5:02
Quote Reply
Re: SWF looking for long term relationship [RoughOnStuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why limit yourself...I don't. You only go around once so live life to the fullest.

Sometimes I'll "ride" Carbon then Steel on the same day; sometimes Carbon and Titanium AT THE SAME TIME!

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Last edited by: tim-mech: May 26, 06 19:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Single = bikeless :-)

And I was already to tell you about this single guy named Ted.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Re: SWF looking for long term relationship [parkito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's a little young, but definitely a cutie!

I.

So, I have to get a new frame and fork. I loved the carbon ride and how I felt I when I got off to ride, but carbon is not very durable. I'm considering titanium, but not sure if its a nice enough ride after carbon!
Last edited by: DirtGirl: Oct 3, 08 11:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure any frameset would have come out of that unscathed so go carbon again and be happy.

I sheared a steel fork at the crown in a similar crash (OK, the frame was pretty OK and still raceable) so, at least anecdotally, it seems the random nature of crash dynamics determines how your frame and fork come through.

I love all my bikes but my TCR Composite is my baby.

Mr. Uncaptured External Costs

Fossil carbon is planetary poison.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow. RoughOnStuff is no lie, apparently neither is being hard headed. Glad to hear you survived ok, although I think a checkup with a doctor might be in order to make sure nothing is hiding symptomless. Good luck with the replacement as well.

Behold the turtle! He makes progess only when he sticks his neck out. (James Bryant Conant)
GET OFF THE F*%KING WALL!!!!!!! (Doug Stern)
Brevity is the soul of wit. (William Shakespeare)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr. Ti is much more reliable than Mr. Carbon.

Mr. Carbon is smooth, but so is Mr. Ti. Then there is the fact that if you treat him just a little right Mr. Ti will be with you for life.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, second time I have heard of a Specialized carbon fork snapping at an impact. Happened at our crit race a couple of months back.

I have ridden both carbon and Ti and both ride well, it depends on the Ti. My custom Titus Ti had a very smooth ride, probably better than the Orbea Orca I owned. I wouldnt blame the frame for what happened, I have seen Ti frames crack on impacts like that.

KR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nah! Nah! Nah! Nah! You need to meet Mr. Beam. Either one. I have a Ms. Softie, and I love her dearly, but Mr Titanflex is great, too. A couple of extra pounds are inconsequential, and both of them roll easier than any of your previous guys.

But Mr. Gunnar is pretty nice. An aquaintance has a relationship with mr. Gunnar. Really sweet. About a pound heavier than Mr Ti, but who cares. He's won't spend all of your money.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hang in gal. Eventually you'll meet the right guy. He'll "steel" your heart away.

I nominate your post as the best of the month btw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great writing and glad that you're ok after that fall. I can tell you this, Ms. Ti and I have been together for 8 years, both of them, Ti roadie and Ti tri. They have both outlasted several real life relationships and I rarely lust after anything new that comes down the pike.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr. Softride has it where it counts.
Quote Reply
Re: SWF looking for long term relationship [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why do you say that Ti is more reliable that Carbon, or that Ti comes with a lifetime guarantee?

Just Curious
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you everyone!! I have pictures and this is my first attemp at posting them.

I have a date with Mr. Ti this morning.
Last edited by: DirtGirl: Oct 3, 08 11:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shit man shit
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was he wearing a t-shirt and b#@ching about going 19mph?

Serioulsy, glad you are ok and I think Ti is a good choice. I second the other recommendation about getting checked out. Never now what could be lurking unfelt for a few days to pop up and bite you later.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am with Ms. Carbon, whose stage-name was Terry Dolan. At first, I was a little apprehensive. I knew she had been riden by a bunch of British guys. I also knew she had her own website with some pretty racy photos, many of which showed her with a British dude on her. It took me a while, but I got over the jealousy. We've been together for about 4 years now and I haven't gotten a single STD (saddle terrible discomfort) from her. I recently saw a photo of her younger sister and, I gotta tell ya, I'm having some seriously lustful thoughts. Would it be wrong for me to ask her sister to join us? Cuz if lovin her young sister is wrong, I don't wanna be right!!!!

John
Quote Reply
Re: SWF looking for long term relationship(bike pics added) [RoughOnStuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh do I have the man for your, Unique, Stiff where you need him to be and yet soft and flexable for those long rides. And He is Sexy in that different kind of way ..

Meet Mr. Titanflex

Just Triing
Triathlete since 9:56:39 AM EST Aug 20, 2006.
Be kind English is my 2nd language. My primary language is Dave it's a unique evolution of English.
Last edited by: DavHamm: May 27, 06 12:12
Quote Reply
Re: SWF looking for long term relationship(bike pics added) [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a good looking ride. Does she have a sister? A cheap, easy, doesn't expect much from her man sister?
Quote Reply
Re: SWF looking for long term relationship(bike pics added) [RoughOnStuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mr. Steel is just waiting for you. If he's the wrong size or color, I'm sure you can get a custom size here:http://www.steelmancycles.com/...0in%20stock%209.html
Quote Reply
Re: SWF looking for long term relationship [cosmo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure what he started with, but there wasn't much left after he was done rolling around :-) I know that I should probably go to the doctor, I just don't really think I broke anything. My head took most of the beating and I don't have a concussion. I just picked up Mr Ti for the weekend and got to visit Mr. Carbon at the bike shop. My bike landed so hard it pushed the seat down about 4". Yikes. I definitely feel lived in and have a few scrapes and bruises. The only thing that really hurts is my shoulder where I have a little road rash, but there is no bruising. I went swimming last night and nothing hurt!
Quote Reply
Re: SWF looking for long term relationship [TempMichigonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Too funny! I personally prefer being wrong!
Quote Reply
Re: SWF looking for long term relationship(bike pics added) [DavHamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WOW!! He's really hot, he might be out of my league!
Quote Reply
Re: SWF looking for long term relationship(bike pics added) [LittleRingMan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, what's he like? Can he go all day? :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not all Mr. Aluminum's are created equal. And Mr. Carbon up front can give you many of the benefits that a full Mr. Carbon will give you. If Mr. Aluminum is correctly designed for long-term use, perhaps with a Mr. Scandium personal makeover, then he can do quite a lot for you without the high cost of Mr. Carbon or Titanium. No one guy is perfect.

Chad
Quote Reply

Prev Next