Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

STer MTM only 1:12 behind Froome at UCI world's ITT !!!
Quote | Reply
Huge congrats. Works full time as an engineer rides 1x , no bike change and just over a minute behind Froome at UCI world's ITT in Norway!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: STer MTM only 1:12 behind Froome at UCI world's ITT !!! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very impressive!
Quote Reply
Re: STer MTM only 1:12 behind Froome at UCI world's ITT !!! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This engineer knows his watts.

Congrats. This is a real big deal, this is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. What might not have been clear watching it is that the 'flat' lap was not flat at all. Up or down most of the way, lots of speed bumps, a cobbled section and a couple of U turns. The Danish cycling media was claiming me too bad a climber for the last climb, but I actually found the lap much worse for my liking than the last climb - I prefer steady FTP effort much more than punchy hills.

If my calculations are correct it seems like I was 17th overall on the climb, so actually better than on the lap. I don't have a scale here, but I did around 5.9-6.0 W/kg on the 11 minute climb. I was 20 sec slower than Froome on the climb and actually a tiny bit faster than e.g. Van Garderen and Zakarin. I believe I was a few seconds slower than Tony Martin.

Oh, and I might have been the only one doing the climb on a 56T chain ring :p
Quote Reply
Re: STer MTM only 1:12 behind Froome at UCI world's ITT !!! [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
Thanks. What might not have been clear watching it is that the 'flat' lap was not flat at all. Up or down most of the way, lots of speed bumps, a cobbled section and a couple of U turns. The Danish cycling media was claiming me too bad a climber for the last climb, but I actually found the lap much worse for my liking than the last climb - I prefer steady FTP effort much more than punchy hills.

If my calculations are correct it seems like I was 17th overall on the climb, so actually better than on the lap. I don't have a scale here, but I did around 5.9-6.0 W/kg on the 11 minute climb. I was 20 sec slower than Froome on the climb and actually a tiny bit faster than e.g. Van Garderen and Zakarin. I believe I was a few seconds slower than Tony Martin.

Great job! I cheered for you, and your 56t 1x-setup!;-) regarding the lap- I think your statement is evidenced by the fact the the climber/TT'ers were not disproportionally better on the last 3km vs the rest. Tom D EAs already way up on Tony M after the "flat" section!.
Quote Reply
Re: STer MTM only 1:12 behind Froome at UCI world's ITT !!! [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well done, solid ride.

Next up, Aguascalientes?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:

As much as people complain about ST this is what is totally awesome....an ST poster applying science, doing a full time job using a 1x with a big FTP dusts a climber like Zakarin on at ITT climb on a TT bike.

Awesome man.

Slowman, when is front page story?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on a great race!!

You should know that in Norway, if it is not straight up, it is a "flat".
I have lived in Bergen and know that no road is flat there.

It looked like the spectators took good care of everybody no matter nationality.
Quote Reply
Re: STer MTM only 1:12 behind Froome at UCI world's ITT !!! [Halvard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halvard wrote:
Congratulations on a great race!!

You should know that in Norway, if it is not straight up, it is a "flat".
I have lived in Bergen and know that no road is flat there.

It looked like the spectators took good care of everybody no matter nationality.

I thought the top half of this image is a version of the Norwegian Hill and the bottom part is a Norwegian "flat"

View from bottom

Last edited by: devashish_paul: Sep 20, 17 17:20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If that is you another STer got you on this pic .. https://www.flickr.com/...m-72157686948771083/ .. I recognized the cassette, BIG CONGRATS !!

___/\___/\___/\___
the s u r f b o a r d of the K u r p f a l z is the r o a d b i k e .. oSo >>
Last edited by: sausskross: Sep 21, 17 3:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to you!

Any pics of your setup and position?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: STer MTM only 1:12 behind Froome at UCI world's ITT !!! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Congrats to you!

Any pics of your setup and position?

Hi set up looks very ST approved: P5, 1x, Disc, Hed Jet (?) at least 80 mm, I think he said 7.7 kilo bike. Not sure which helmet wtih what visor and what rubber

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerohead ultimate with the "clear"(ish) visor

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I figured it would be. I was asking more out of curiosity and seeing if there was anything I could learn from someone of his caliber.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: STer MTM only 1:12 behind Froome at UCI world's ITT !!! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Thanks. I figured it would be. I was asking more out of curiosity and seeing if there was anything I could learn from someone of his caliber.

I bet equipment wise and position wise you already know everything he is doing! The difference is his watts per kilo. He posted some of his training that he does around working as an engineer through Danish winters. It did not sound like rocket science. Just a ton of hours, a lot of it bike commuting to work too. I found all of it quite fascinating that he can live the life of an age grouper managing work and training and dust many protour riders. It's unreal that on his routine he is barely 1+ min behind Froome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For many years the record 40KM TT time for Mericans was held by a full time working amateur that had no car and rode everywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
stevej wrote:

I bet equipment wise and position wise you already know everything he is doing! The difference is his watts per kilo. He posted some of his training that he does around working as an engineer through Danish winters. It did not sound like rocket science. Just a ton of hours, a lot of it bike commuting to work too. I found all of it quite fascinating that he can live the life of an age grouper managing work and training and dust many protour riders. It's unreal that on his routine he is barely 1+ min behind Froome.

I'll have to dig up those posts on his training. Thanks!!

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I'll have to dig up those posts on his training. Thanks!!

If you find them you might link to them from here. I'd be very interested to read them. Cheers.

P.
Quote Reply