Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ST member MTM wins Danish National Pro TT
Quote | Reply
Awesome... not an easy task! http://www.procyclingstats.com/...s_Denmark_-_ITT_2016
http://www.cyclingquotes.com/...rial/?acceptCookie=1

I know he is someone who pays close attention to aero details, and he spanked a lot of guys with bigger engines.

So I guess we'll be seeing you at worlds this year. Maybe the olympics or no?
Last edited by: rruff: Jun 24, 16 8:10
Quote Reply
Re: ST member MTM wins Danish National Pro TT [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
woah! That's awesome! Congrats!

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: ST member MTM wins Danish National Pro TT [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

Three Danish guys are going to the Olympics road race and one of those (not decided yet who) will also do the TT - I believe it's like that for every nation. The three are already selected, but since I'm not in the same league in most road race events I would not really be too much of a contender for that. I'm not sure what the actual reasoning behind having to do both TT and road race is, but it might be to limit the total number of participants for logistical reasons. I vaguely remember something about a track cyclist also having to do the road race in London or Beijing (and abandoning almost immediately - he just had to start).

I'm in the run for a ticket to the Worlds now, but it's not a given. That said, from a cursory look at the Worlds course it seems like it would suit me just fine and I believe I would be able to match my Danish rivals' performances on that course - pretty much flat and it seems like the roads are big so not too technical, i.e. W/m² is the name of the game.
Quote Reply
Re: ST member MTM wins Danish National Pro TT [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice work! A question if you don't mind….what pads are you using on the Arduro Bar?

Congrats
Maurice
Quote Reply
Re: ST member MTM wins Danish National Pro TT [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are 3D printed. I couldn't find any standard ones allowing me to go this narrow, so had to get someone to make them for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Need a full spread on the bike so we can see all of the details.
Quote Reply
Re: ST member MTM wins Danish National Pro TT [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: rruff: Jun 24, 16 16:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:

that position looks quite slippery. well done
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in the run for a ticket to the Worlds now, but it's not a given. That said, from a cursory look at the Worlds course it seems like it would suit me just fine and I believe I would be able to match my Danish rivals' performances on that course - pretty much flat and it seems like the roads are big so not too technical, i.e. W/m² is the name of the game.

I certainly hope you make it! Would be cool to race as national champion.
Quote Reply
Re: ST member MTM wins Danish National Pro TT [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shockingly low CdA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Job well done sir! And your setup looks quite slippery. May the aero be with you!
Quote Reply
Re: ST member MTM wins Danish National Pro TT [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Job well done sir! And your setup looks quite slippery. May the aero be with you!

Thank you.

One thing I'd actually like to mention is that I have - to put it like you would in the corporate world - taken every aspect of this in-house since I set my eyes on this goal around November 1st last year. I already did all my equipment research, bike fitting and aero testing myself, but seeing lack of real progress on the physiological side I decided to also take training, diet and supplements into my own hands doing a bunch of research during the winter before training started to really kick off and requiring a lot of time and energy. This resarch and execution is an ongoing process, but it seems like the base research and planning I did in December and January and have fine-tuned since is working very well.

In the same breath I would like to thank the people on this board providing valuable feedback in all of these areas, but I'd like to highlight a few that I don't think always get the credit they deserve. One of them is, as you may have guessed, is rruff, who have given me some good feedback, especially on tire-related issues. The other is Jeffp, who has also given me very valuable feedback on primarily aero stuff. The last, but definitely not least, is Steve Irwin, who doesn't post a lot on this board, but this is anyway where I first 'found' him. I'm very confident I would not have won this race without his hugely knowledgable and critical feedback over the last years. You guys seriously need to listen whenever he does take the time to post.

So this sums up to say that you can pretty much make this happen without a huge number of people involved. A computer with internet access and a powermeter on your bike is really the foundation. The rest is the willingness and determination to do both the research, testing and the training necessary using those tools. Of course, having enough money to buy the really nice stuff does add something, but without the parts I just mentioned money is not necessarily going to gain you that much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: ST member MTM wins Danish National Pro TT [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom A. wrote:
Nice work!

Thanks. And thanks for your data on latex tube vs tubeless. Helped me decide to keep a latex tube in there :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MTM wrote:
The last, but definitely not least, is Steve Irwin, who doesn't post a lot on this board, but this is anyway where I first 'found' him. I'm very confident I would not have won this race without his hugely knowledgable and critical feedback over the last years. You guys seriously need to listen whenever he does take the time to post.

Thank you for your generous words, Martin. I'll have to post even less now, if people are going to pay more attention to what I say ;)

Congratulations on your fantastic win, very much deserved as a result of the huge amount of effort you've put into chasing down every possible way to improve.
Quote Reply
Re: ST member MTM wins Danish National Pro TT [Steve Irwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve Irwin wrote:
MTM wrote:
The last, but definitely not least, is Steve Irwin, who doesn't post a lot on this board, but this is anyway where I first 'found' him. I'm very confident I would not have won this race without his hugely knowledgable and critical feedback over the last years. You guys seriously need to listen whenever he does take the time to post.

Thank you for your generous words, Martin. I'll have to post even less now, if people are going to pay more attention to what I say ;)

Congratulations on your fantastic win, very much deserved as a result of the huge amount of effort you've put into chasing down every possible way to improve.

Thanks, Steve. Actually, that did cross my mind, but I know you are already very aware of what you write so I thought I would give people the small benefit of actually paying attention to what you write :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rack 'em Martin :)

Nice ride, glad it all came together for you!

You using those cateye shifters on the maguras still? cant tell from photos

I need a set of those 3d printed armrests :) tho they would probably not be long enough for my elbows :(
Quote Reply
Re: ST member MTM wins Danish National Pro TT [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
rack 'em Martin :)

Nice ride, glad it all came together for you!

You using those cateye shifters on the maguras still? cant tell from photos

I need a set of those 3d printed armrests :) tho they would probably not be long enough for my elbows :(

Yes, still CatEye buttons behind the brake levers.

I have the holes in the arm rests as far back as possible to get maximum reach, don't know if that would be enough for you. I think I probably have the CAD files for the arm rests somewhere if you want to have them and get someone to print them for you.
Quote Reply