Quantcast
    MAIN INDEX RULES & LEGEND LOG IN  

Slowtwitch Forums: Triathlon Forum:
ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in?

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All  

IronDeb

Dec 24, 05 21:25

Post #26 of 69 (546 views)
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [Longboarder] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

B

Be safe out there! Dedicate a set to me?!?

Yeah, you'll still get credit for your run, even though you're not gonna hafta suffer the Northeastern elements. How 'bout - you run in only a wet speedo, with wet hair, just to even the playing field?

TMadd

Dec 25, 05 6:45

Post #27 of 69 (539 views)
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [IronDeb] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I'm in. I plan on doing the Hangover 1/2 marathon on New Year's Day in Albany, NY. Should be nice and cold. I just hope my ITB pain goes away by then.

tigerchik

Dec 25, 05 16:15

Post #28 of 69 (531 views)
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [IronDeb] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

I might be cleared to run by then :) but it might only be a mile or so. And it won't be hungover. But I hope I'll be able to run!!!

fredly

Dec 25, 05 18:10

Post #29 of 69 (524 views)

I'll be doing the annual Seattle New Years day group ride, so no run for me!

This is a great ride, though. Usually get over 100 riders...

IronDeb

Dec 25, 05 19:09

Post #30 of 69 (520 views)
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [fredly] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Make it a brick and you get an automatic podium spot!

How long is the ride?

IronDeb

Dec 25, 05 19:11

Post #31 of 69 (518 views)
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [tigerchik] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Whaddaya mean "cleared"? Injury? Probation?

fredly

Dec 25, 05 19:14

Post #32 of 69 (518 views)

Well, it varies :0)

I always ride out from home, so it's at least 31/2 hours for me. More likely to be 5-ish. Short version, if you drive to the start, is 2 hours or so - but a larg group generally goes longer, if the weather isn't incredibly bad...

No brick for me! Stairs sessions start on the 2nd, so I have to save something!

IronDeb

Dec 25, 05 19:54

Post #33 of 69 (515 views)
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [fredly] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

If you make sure you're nice & hungover, I'll let your ride count towards the run, cuz it sounds long enough to qualify for at LEASt a 5K equivalent worth of suffering....

tigerchik

Dec 26, 05 1:16

Post #34 of 69 (506 views)

metatarsal stress fx

chickenlegs

Dec 26, 05 5:59

Post #35 of 69 (496 views)

I have a 20k run on schedule and will be doing it New Year's day regardless of hangover, which should not be substantial as my tastes for intoxicants leans more towards things that don't give you one.

"Failure is an event, not a person."

IronDeb

Dec 26, 05 10:14

Post #36 of 69 (485 views)
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [chickenlegs] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

So, not gonna imbibe at all? Then you are REQUIRED to run twice as long as those of us who will be. Just trying to keep it fair. ;)

And eat a bunch of pretzles first and don't drink any water...

Have a great run...

IronDeb

Dec 26, 05 10:16

Post #37 of 69 (483 views)
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [tigerchik] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

That sucks! So, that's why all the swimming, huh?

Hope you mend quickly!

Adventuress

Dec 26, 05 10:22

Post #38 of 69 (481 views)

I'm in. And the only reason I'm agreeing to the "enduring the elements" part is because I'll be in San Diego for New Year's weekend.

IronDeb

Dec 26, 05 10:39

Post #39 of 69 (475 views)
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [Adventuress] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Then you are required to be twice as hungover as me! ;)

Adventuress

Dec 26, 05 10:51

Post #40 of 69 (471 views)

LOL! Alright, alright... I'll take one for the team. :)

tigerchik

Dec 26, 05 11:03

Post #41 of 69 (467 views)

Yes, that's why all the swimming. Thrashing around in the pool is very calming :)

Thanks for the good wishes... unfortunately, I've heard alcohol isn't good for healing bones (though I can't remember where I read that) so I don't even get a glass of wine on NY eve :(

Adventuress

Dec 26, 05 11:30

Post #42 of 69 (464 views)

Sorry to hear, tigerchik. Healing thoughts your way. And not to worry, I am under orders from IronDeb to drink up on NYE - rest assured that I will have a drink or five on your behalf.

(This post was edited by Adventuress on Dec 26, 05 11:31)

Martin C

Dec 26, 05 11:37

Post #43 of 69 (460 views)
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [IronDeb] (Deleted by Administrator) [In reply to]

tigerchik

Dec 26, 05 11:44

Post #44 of 69 (456 views)
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [Martin C] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

'I like 5:30am way too much'

ME TOO! lol

ssn759co

Dec 26, 05 11:50

Post #45 of 69 (452 views)

OK, I'm in. It'll be a nice 5k run through Prague and I will drag my wife and another IM friend along for good measure. From the stories I've heard about NY Eve in Prague it should be a memorable run. I'm sure we'll all be on death's door. Will try to take pictures of the scenery if I can figure out how to work the camera with a 2006-size hangover.

FIST Certified Fitter
Salt Lake City, Utah

IronDeb

Dec 26, 05 22:20

Post #46 of 69 (442 views)
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [ssn759co] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

Nice! ST Virtual NY Day Hangover Run t-shirts for all of you!!!

IronDeb

Dec 26, 05 22:22

Post #47 of 69 (441 views)
Re: ST Virtual New Year's Day Hangover Run - who's in? [Martin C] [In reply to] Quote | Reply

So, do some "gardening" on New Year's Eve!!!

IronDeb

Dec 26, 05 22:25

Post #48 of 69 (439 views)

Yeah, but red wine's an antioxidant, and it's good for circulation!!!

Yeah, I'm rationalizing. I'll fess up.

Meanwhile, you're not "legal" anyway, right?

So, 4 hours in the pool, and it counts as a "hangover run", deal?

That should also keep you in the lead at Virtual Training Camp!

tigerchik

Dec 27, 05 1:48

Post #49 of 69 (429 views)

Okey-dokey. Although someone just posted a 5hr swim workout that I might try. That'd definitely put me in the lead :)

No, I'm 18 -- but we do New Year's Eve with my family and my best friend's family, and I usually am allowed a little bit of wine ;)

chickenlegs

Dec 27, 05 5:50

Post #50 of 69 (424 views)

[quote]So, not gonna imbibe at all?[/quote]

One word: maryjane.

"Failure is an event, not a person."

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All  

Ironman run shoe weight
When you race an Ironman, what weight class do you think is most appropriate for you? A sub-6-ounce shoe is a pure racing flat. A 7.5 - 8oz shoe would be a Saucony Kinvara or Hoka Clifton. A 10-11oz shoe is a lightweight trainer.
5.5-6.0oz
7.5-8.0oz
9.5-11.0oz
12oz+
I never thought about it
I don't do 140.6
I'm boycotting this poll