Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Love2Bike
Last edited by: Love2Bike: May 3, 16 9:02
Re: STROKE IT. RIDE IT. POUND IT. TRI IT. [Love2Bike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Love2Bike wrote:

New to this forum.Thought I would give you all a little laugh.

Here's my new shirt I'll be wearing at the next race I'll be participating in!!

What do you think???
If it gets a smile or two, it'll be worth it!! :)

http://www.sunfrog.com/Sports/shake-it-ride-it-pound-it-tri-it-4241-DarkGrey-18383157-Guys.html?25730

My guess is that you have some interest in this product over and above 'giving people a laugh'.

Well done for abusing the forum on post #1.

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you 12?

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: STROKE IT. RIDE IT. POUND IT. TRI IT. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Are you 12?
Apparently he thinks he is funny?
Quote Reply
Re: STROKE IT. RIDE IT. POUND IT. TRI IT. [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No actually, you're wrong.
Quote Reply
Re: STROKE IT. RIDE IT. POUND IT. TRI IT. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, I am not 12 and thanks for the warm welcome!!

Great to know there are some awesome people here!!

:)
Quote Reply
Re: STROKE IT. RIDE IT. POUND IT. TRI IT. [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correction!! I am a "SHE"! :)

And I didn't say I was funny, just to clarify.

Thanks for the warm welcome to this forum!! :)
Quote Reply
Re: STROKE IT. RIDE IT. POUND IT. TRI IT. [noofus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
noofus wrote:
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Are you 12?
Apparently he thinks he is funny?

I've seen it before but I do find it humorous.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love2Bike wrote:
Correction!! I am a "SHE"! :)

And I didn't say I was funny, just to clarify.

Thanks for the warm welcome to this forum!! :)

My apologies. Honestly my first thought was that would be way too slow to put on in transition. Second thought was that it really wasn't that funny, but some people would be amused, I guess.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love2Bike wrote:
No actually, you're wrong.

You posted a link to a website that sells T-shirts designed by independents as your first post and claim no involvement.

Call me cynical, no way to prove either way, but I will go with my first impression :)

On the internet, you can be anything you want. It is a pity so many people choose to be stupid.
Quote Reply
Re: STROKE IT. RIDE IT. POUND IT. TRI IT. [chrisbint] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I only posted the link because my first initial thought was that it would post the picture of it, but it didn't. So figured out how to post the picture afterwards. Being my FIRST POST I didn't quite get it but figured it out.

Is this OK with you??

I also deleted the link now that the picture is up.
Are you happy now??

Geesh....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now you're posting in the 2018 70.3 WC thread? C'mon, give it up. This is a thinly veiled attempt.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to add on, but here is how I would have started your first post:

Subject: There's a new t-shirt company in town.

Body: Hi, I'm (Insert name here)

I'm a (Insert town name here)-based triathlete, marathoner, recreational Uber-driver, and entrepreneur. I'm an obsessive optimizer and racing provides more than a bit of fuel for that fire.

About three months ago I became fed-up with the ever-increasing price and seldom-improving performance of the options on the market. It's hard to optimize with a price-tag of $20+ per t-shirt! I had done a decent amount of prior t-shirt building and had developed some extremely random connections with overseas parts manufacturers in the process. I started to wonder "Why on earth can I buy all of the parts used by the major brands for a fraction of what they charge for an assembled T-Shirtl?" Ever have one of those moments where 3-4 million mental puzzle-pieces snap together so violently that you practically get whiplash?

That's exactly how Crappy T-Shirts was born.
Quote Reply
Re: STROKE IT. RIDE IT. POUND IT. TRI IT. [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NJSteve wrote:
Not to add on, but here is how I would have started your first post:

Subject: There's a new t-shirt company in town.

Body: Hi, I'm (Insert name here)

I'm a (Insert town name here)-based triathlete, marathoner, recreational Uber-driver, and entrepreneur. I'm an obsessive optimizer and racing provides more than a bit of fuel for that fire.

About three months ago I became fed-up with the ever-increasing price and seldom-improving performance of the options on the market. It's hard to optimize with a price-tag of $20+ per t-shirt! I had done a decent amount of prior t-shirt building and had developed some extremely random connections with overseas parts manufacturers in the process. I started to wonder "Why on earth can I buy all of the parts used by the major brands for a fraction of what they charge for an assembled T-Shirtl?" Ever have one of those moments where 3-4 million mental puzzle-pieces snap together so violently that you practically get whiplash?

That's exactly how Crappy T-Shirts was born.
nice...I wonder how dished is making out these days
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will surprise many but there are a lot of very negative and cynical people here. Not sure why but not everyone is like that, honestly.
Quote Reply
Re: STROKE IT. RIDE IT. POUND IT. TRI IT. [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so... you don't know then? DISHED is gone, Benny is gone! GONE! :'(

From http://www.dishedwheels.com/blog/

"Wrapping things up
April 28, 2016

This is a difficult post to write.
It is with mixed emotions that I am writing to let you know that I will be shutting down Dished Wheels effective immediately. Unexpected personal and business concerns have left me unable to contribute the time, energy, and capital needed to make this company what it needs to be. I have and always will care deeply for the triathlete community. You all deserve the best - I can't give that with Dished any longer and am unwilling to push on bull-headedly and half-heartedly.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your interest, support, encouragement, and tireless passion for our great sport. You inspire me daily! Who knows - maybe Dished will be back someday after the dust settles. Until then keep shouting the gospel of "Swim, bike, run" from the mountaintops. The world can ALWAYS use a bit more triathlon fanaticism!
- Ben"
Quote Reply
Re: STROKE IT. RIDE IT. POUND IT. TRI IT. [JorgeRamos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JorgeRamos wrote:
so... you don't know then? DISHED is gone, Benny is gone! GONE! :'(

From http://www.dishedwheels.com/blog/

"Wrapping things up
April 28, 2016

This is a difficult post to write.
It is with mixed emotions that I am writing to let you know that I will be shutting down Dished Wheels effective immediately. Unexpected personal and business concerns have left me unable to contribute the time, energy, and capital needed to make this company what it needs to be. I have and always will care deeply for the triathlete community. You all deserve the best - I can't give that with Dished any longer and am unwilling to push on bull-headedly and half-heartedly.
Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for your interest, support, encouragement, and tireless passion for our great sport. You inspire me daily! Who knows - maybe Dished will be back someday after the dust settles. Until then keep shouting the gospel of "Swim, bike, run" from the mountaintops. The world can ALWAYS use a bit more triathlon fanaticism!
- Ben"
Ouch...yeah, I didn't know. Man that was a beating! Wonder how much time and $ he invested
Quote Reply