Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

STAC Zero trainers
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any knowledge on these trainers?
I have watched DC Rainmakers video of a proto version.
Quote Reply
Re: STAC Zero trainers [Toolmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried one at an expo this past summer. Very very cool. If I was in the market for a new trainer I would definitely be getting one..... or if I lived in an apartment because they are totally silent so my neighbours wouldn't even know I was training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump
Anyone else have any experience with these trainers? My wife and I are both training for another Ironman. We would like to upgrade our trainer and thinking we could buy 2 to ride at the same time. It can be a long winter here in NE Wis.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure they have not shipped product yet to the kickstarter backers. From DCrainmaker last week:
As for shipping, they’re on track to start shipping out the first batch of units next week for arrival in October, followed by the power units shipping out in late October for arrival in early November. Or basically, they’re actually shipping on time (or within a few days of it). A rarity in both the Kickstarter and as of this year, the trainer company realm. Very cool (both the trainer and their ability to ship on time…well, within a few days anyway).
Quote Reply
Re: STAC Zero trainers [Pantelones] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I thought there were some out already.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their latest update indicates they are just about to ship, but we will see I guess (the Trainers themselves are supposedly allready assembled, only the wheel weights are still missing because they had to redo the coating).
Sounds promising - or in the case of the stac zero - *almost doesn't sound* promising :-)
Quote Reply
Re: STAC Zero trainers [Ibeti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ibeti wrote:
Their latest update indicates they are just about to ship, but we will see I guess (the Trainers themselves are supposedly allready assembled, only the wheel weights are still missing because they had to redo the coating).
Sounds promising - or in the case of the stac zero - *almost doesn't sound* promising :-)

This is indeed the latest update - we're just waiting for a vinyl coating for the wheel weights so they don't scratch spokes/fairings. We have 15 trainers built and QA'd waiting in boxes for their weights, and then they're going out the door. We are getting 400 weights (aka 200 trainer sets) back when they come back, so we won't need to worry about weights being a limit for a while.

There's a queue of about 200 orders we need to fulfill, we're hoping we can get through that before December and gradually accelerate our build rate. Limiting factor right now (once we get the weights back) is a couple machined parts that we're hoping to get next week. We have a 100+ frames, legs, magnets painted and ready, and we can churn out a couple built-and-QA'd trainers an hour when we're not parts-limited.

STAC Zero Trainer - Zero noise, zero tire contact, zero moving parts. Suffer in Silence starting fall 2016
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been lucky enough to be on one of their beta models since about June. The last few weeks I have been putting a lot more time on it (4 hour ride on Sunday) as I prep for 70.3 Los Cabos.

I can say I have been more than impressed. I was a bit skeptical when they first contacted me, but it lived up to the hype. I've done everything from long easy rides to 15s sprints and the trainer doesn't hold me back.

They have been posting a lot on twitter about production, and it sounds like they should be shipping soon.
Quote Reply
Re: STAC Zero trainers [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! We ordered the powermeter model and are on the edge of our seats excited for it. You guys have done a great job with your backer updates on what sounds like an awesome product!
Quote Reply
Re: STAC Zero trainers [A vdLinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A vdLinden wrote:
I have been lucky enough to be on one of their beta models since about June. The last few weeks I have been putting a lot more time on it (4 hour ride on Sunday) as I prep for 70.3 Los Cabos.

I can say I have been more than impressed. I was a bit skeptical when they first contacted me, but it lived up to the hype. I've done everything from long easy rides to 15s sprints and the trainer doesn't hold me back.

They have been posting a lot on twitter about production, and it sounds like they should be shipping soon.

What other Smart trainers have you ridden on before this? NEO, KICKR, CT, etc?

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: STAC Zero trainers [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had a Kick'r for about 2 years now. Before that I had a cyclops fluid 2, some Tacx rollers, and some cheap manoura mag trainer when I first got into the sport. ETA I also spent a winter a few years ago doing weekly computrainer rides.

So I have been on a lot of different trainers both smart and dumb.

I would say minus not having and ERG mode the feel isn't all that different. I am using two of the older style weights they supplied to give it a bit more of a road like feel, but I would compare it more to riding on a ~2% grade where if you stop pedalling or have a SIGNIFICANT dead spots in your pedal stroke you will notice it as the wheel is slowed pretty quickly.
Last edited by: A vdLinden: Oct 6, 16 14:39
Quote Reply
Re: STAC Zero trainers [A vdLinden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome feedback this is exactly what potential buyers want to know. I'm excited to see this product do well and hopefully it's something that many others see the benefit of.

I'm set with a trainer as of now but it's good to know how other offerings are progressing and pushing technology forward.

Good luck in Los Cabos

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Re: STAC Zero trainers [AHare] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just set up my Power Meter version of the Stac Zero. Easy set up but the power meter is not transmitting any data to my garmin watch. The watch found the power meter but it is not transferring any speed or power data when I ride. Any ideas?
I tried the manual but there is not much info in the manual yet about the power meter.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: STAC Zero trainers [rcgerrits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rcgerrits wrote:
Just set up my Power Meter version of the Stac Zero. Easy set up but the power meter is not transmitting any data to my garmin watch. The watch found the power meter but it is not transferring any speed or power data when I ride. Any ideas?
I tried the manual but there is not much info in the manual yet about the power meter.

Thanks

While I haven't played with a final production unit, on the beta units this typically meant the sensor wasn't triggering. Try toying with the sensor magnet, and validating that it triggers if you move it past the sensor arm.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Re: STAC Zero trainers [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply,
I did check that the spoke magnet was aligned and the light on the power meter housing does change as the spoke magnet goes past but still no power reading. I even logged into Zwift to see if it could pick up the power/speed but just like the garmin watch it finds the device but does not register any power as I pedal. Maybe I am missing something simple, this is the first time I have used a power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: STAC Zero trainers [rcgerrits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like it had a loose wire or something. The guys at Stac zero were great and got me all set up with a working one. This thing is amazingly quiet and simple.
love it!
Quote Reply