Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRM PC8
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if the new SRM PC8 controller is going to be backwards compatible with the current versions of the cranks?

I have an old wired PCV and was thinking about changing to a wireless set up. I might skip a generation and go PC8 since it looked like it was coming out soon.

Could I update my old cranks to wireless and get a PC8 controller ? Does that seem like a good cost effective upgrade ? Thoughts ?
Quote Reply
Re: SRM PC8 [7401southwick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes it's compatible, no you can't upgrade wired to wireless.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, I'm in the same boat with the PCV, but as far as cost effectiveness goes I would doubt it. SRM can in fact retrofit certain PCV-gen. cranks to wireless but knowing SRM it will cost you a boatload of money. And the PCVIII head units won't be cheap, that's for sure. I mean, PCV has been around for so long yet new ones cost $750 (with used being like $400). PCVIII can't be cheaper than that. If you really want wireless in a "cost effective" way quarq would be the way to go IMO.

I will have to say that PC8 is sexy af doe...

The PC8 is available for pre-order with a retail price of $850. Shipping will happen in December or January.
Quote Reply
Re: SRM PC8 [pritchet74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is it available for pre-order? I didn't see it on SRM's website.

Geoffrey Nenninger
Quote Reply
Re: SRM PC8 [GDNenn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to call them. They aren't advertising it as ready yet since it's not for sale yet (I am assuming that's the reason). They were taking pre-orders at Interbike but I didn't see their booth when I was there. I called them on Monday to see if I could still get an order in and was told yes. I am quite excited to get the PC8 as I do a fair amount of night riding after work and the back-lit screen will be awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will be more expensive but your absolute best deal will be an upgrade deal direct with SRM.
Not sure that they will make that happen with a PC8- but worth a try.
Their upgrade deals are generally better than an SRM dealer could ever do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, called them and placed an order for one. Stoked!! Should be a great head unit.

Geoffrey Nenninger
Quote Reply
Re: SRM PC8 [GDNenn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GDNenn wrote:
Where is it available for pre-order? I didn't see it on SRM's website.

or talk with a dealer. disclosure: i am one. sometimes we can get you a better price.

on a related note and potentially of-interest to many in this crowd, SRM has a deal going right now where they are offering an additional 5% off their price to dealers. i already offer good pricing, but i pass this additional discount on.

further, if you purchase 2 units you get a free PC7 (yes, 7, not 8, but the 7 is still a fantastic unit). for those who don't buy 2, i've been pairing customer orders and then offering one the opportunity to purchase a very cheap pc7 (pay out the other), or in cases where neither one wants it i am selling it and distributing the proceeds.

i'm not sure if all dealers are passing this through to customers (feel free to check with your favorite dealer), but i am. contact me if you need some help.

the deal goes through september 30th.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by caferacer [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the release date for this is pushed out to February. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed out further......
Quote Reply