Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM cassette on a 105 group set
Quote | Reply
I borrowed a carbon wheel set for a race this weekend. The rear has a SRAM cassette on it and my bike has shimano 105 components. A google search turned up it will be ok outside of some noise. I mounted the wheels and it seems ok. I can cycle through all the gears Before switching out the brake pads I wanted to ask the experts if it will work or bad idea?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM cassette on a 105 group set [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It'll absolutely work - it's really only shifter/derailleur compatibility you'd need to worry about when mixing SRAM and Shimano.
I used a SRAM cassette with 105 for a gravel race last fall and it worked fine.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM cassette on a 105 group set [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent, thanks

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM cassette on a 105 group set [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
It'll absolutely work - it's really only shifter/derailleur compatibility you'd need to worry about when mixing SRAM and Shimano.
I used a SRAM cassette with 105 for a gravel race last fall and it worked fine.

well, brakes are an issue as well as they have different pull ratios between brands (and sometimes between series of a single brand).
Last edited by: tetonrider: Aug 3, 15 19:23
Quote Reply