Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM Red chainrings on new Di2 drivetrain
Quote | Reply
I am upgrading my road bike to the new Shimano 9150 Di2 system, and at the same time I am adding a Quarq DZero power meter. My LBS told me that Shimano is not selling chainrings only (you have to get the whole crank set). My only option would be third party chainrings. I could get SRAM Red ETap chainrings with the power meter or another third party option.

My questions are:
Are the SRAM Red ETap chainrings compatible with the Shimano 9150 Di2 drivetrain (shifters/derailleurs/cassette)?
If so, what chain would I use?
If not, what chainrings would you recommend?

Thanks for your help,
Brian
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Red chainrings on new Di2 drivetrain [bpe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy Praxis instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the D-Zero was developed for the 9000 chainrings, so purchasing 9000 rings is an option. I thought the first write up I read on the 9100 said the chainrings were not compatible with 9000, but I can't find it, so I 'm probably wrong about that.

excelsports.com appears to have 9100 chainrings in stock, so I suspect your LBS is mistaken.

Edited for stupidity: I got confused. The D-four is for Shimano rings. You can't mount 4 hole rings on the D-Zero. If you go with the D-zero, then I'd use the Praxis TT rings. If you're set on Shimano rings, the 79xx series is still available.
Last edited by: FatandSlow: Jul 7, 17 19:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy a Shimano power meter.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM Red chainrings on new Di2 drivetrain [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why did you pick Praxis?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chainrings don't matter to di2. I have sram 22 rings on my di2. Praxis rings are nice but got a lot of flex in them with the di2 motors. Put on a sram red ring and all was good.
Quote Reply