Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRAM R2C shifters with shimano derailleurs
Quote | Reply
Are these SRAM shifters compatible with dura ace derailleurs?

https://www.racycles.com/...ar-end-shifters-6338
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM R2C shifters with shimano derailleurs [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No. Different cable pull ratios
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are no R2C shifters for 11 speed Shimano.
You can however get a Zipp 10 speed version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TNTRI wrote:
Are these SRAM shifters compatible with dura ace derailleurs?

They can be with a simple adapter. Jeffp is selling that exact adapter at http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=6429587#p6429587.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM R2C shifters with shimano derailleurs [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adaptor for rear, but front still wont work.
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM R2C shifters with shimano derailleurs [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
Adaptor for rear, but front still wont work.

Who still runs a front derailleur around here?

Good catch.

Edit: Front derailleurs are such simple things that there's an amazing amount of cross compatibility. I think it's at least worth a try. Did you try it Jeff??
Last edited by: dangle: Dec 15, 17 7:36
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM R2C shifters with shimano derailleurs [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did try
Then decided on 1x with front shifter for hand position
Then shimano front shifter with sram rear
Then full shimano
Now back to di2 1x
All over the map, just couldnt bring myself to get sram ders
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went through two sets of R2Cs before giving up. They break suddenly and catastrophically. They are amazing while they work, though. If they still worked, I'd still be on them instead of Di2 today. But my advice is to just skip them (sadly) and go electronic.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not just use SRAM derailleurs... unless you have the DAs already?
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM R2C shifters with shimano derailleurs [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
I went through two sets of R2Cs before giving up. They break suddenly and catastrophically. They are amazing while they work, though. If they still worked, I'd still be on them instead of Di2 today. But my advice is to just skip them (sadly) and go electronic.

X2

I received a broken set from a friend, tried to repair, but failed. So I contacted SRAM and they sent me a brand new pair, no questions asked. Awesome!

Rode the new pair without any issues for 5 months. Also, I feel as though I take very good care of my equipment and can wrench on nearly anything.
Anywhoo, racked my bike the day before Racine 70.3 that year with everything working correctly the day before. Arrived race day morning to find the rear shifter not working at all. The lever would rotated freely, but was not engaging on the inside, and therefore would not shift the rear derailleur. So did the race on only my front 2 chainrings.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM R2C shifters with shimano derailleurs [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I currently have and run 2 pairs of Shimano R2C Zipp shifters. I rebuilt one set already, and the other I just took apart, cleaned, and put back together. Yes, they are super-finicky. Have to keep them clean and lubed. So far, so good with both of my running sets. I also have 2 more sets of the shifters that were for Sram originally. I bought to rebuild kits from Zipp. I have rebuilt one set already, and the shift ratio seems to work fine for Shimano. Zipp literally told me that the rebuild kit works for both Sram and Shimano (though I dont know how this is). But, upon close inspection of the gears and teeth, they all look the same.

I am hoping to use the Sram lever arms, and put the Zipp (shimano) ratchet rebuild system in them and make them work for my 10sp Shimano set up. So far, that has worked on one of my bikes. Granted, this is only for 10sp systems.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: SRAM R2C shifters with shimano derailleurs [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried the R2C shifters from campy?
I have the sram version but I wonder if campys more durable.
Quote Reply