Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
SIGMA X in stock (and in my hands)
Quote | Reply
Placed my order this morning and with the 15% discount for Black Friday.

YES THEY ARE I N STOCK!
Last edited by: BMANX: Nov 29, 16 18:38
Quote Reply
Re: SIGMA X in stock [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Over/under on issues/recall.

No seriously, I hope they work out. I debated this purchase for a long time but eventually gave up and went in a different direction.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've waited this long, so I'm going to keep my powder dry and see how early adopters fare.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: SIGMA X in stock [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YES I am going to be the test subject and I am OK with that as all of my TriRig items are all working perfectly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks like today is the day: ordering a Sigma X and an Omni :) now I just have to decide whether I put my shiv or my speed concept up for sale.
Quote Reply
Re: SIGMA X in stock [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How are you going to build that up. What aerobars are you running
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Alpha X and Omegas on my Shiv. I'm having some extensions bent so I can match my position with the 3T Revo. I bought one as soon as it was available and have been waiting for the Sigma X to come out to build something up with it.

In terms of build, I'm just going to move my eTap and 404 NSWs over as well as my Power2Max/Rotor crankset. I really wish the FSA Metron cranks came in 165mm but they don't :/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what degree the sigma x stem is? I am trying to find a negative stem to get lower on my new p2. I am almost slammed on -6 stem.The other option is this http://www.tririg.com/..._P2_Review&num=7 with a negative stem, any idea how they modified the bento
Quote Reply
Re: SIGMA X in stock [transgress4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would think -17 but not sure.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Last edited by: mknight84: Nov 23, 16 18:38
Quote Reply
Re: SIGMA X in stock [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Closest comparable to a "standard" stem would be -17. But we provide the actual stack/reach instead so you can just do a direct comparison to your pad x/y coordinate.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My Sigma X has already shipped and I should have this next week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you like the 3T Revo? My 3T ventus broke when I crashed and I'm looking for a replacement. I'm looking hard at the 3T Revo but there isn't much information about it available.
One thing that I'm curious about is the braking. I used to live in Baton Rouge where it was completely flat so the Ventus + TriRig brake was fine. Now in Syracuse I need to use the brakes a lot more. I'm thinking the Revo with SRAM levers will fair much better but I'm also worried about matching my fit.
Thanks,

Tiago
---------------------
Sponsors: : Blueseventy :
Quote Reply
Re: SIGMA X in stock [BrzilianTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't ridden with the Revo yet (it's just sitting here, lol) but I've fiddled with it a lot. Here are my initial impressions:

Pros:
-Your grip/control while in the pursuit position is vastly improved. You literally feel like you're on the drops of a road bike.
-If you have Di2 you can reverse the brake levers and use your index finger to operate the shift buttons. Again, feels like a road bike. Pretty slick.
-If your brake levers have adjustable reach, you can dial them in so you can brake with one or two fingers sort of like a proper mtb setup.
-Initial impression is that the arm pads are reasonably comfy.

Cons:
-No tilt adjustment for the extensions/pads :(
-By design, the pursuit position puts you lower than a flat bar. This is fine for me but may be problematic for some.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please post some pics when you do mount the Revo! I'm thinking about going the same way with my shiv.
Last edited by: alfonso132: Nov 26, 16 7:03
Quote Reply
Re: SIGMA X in stock [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered one yesterday...coerced by Black Friday. Also picked up an Omega X, I imagine both will be there sometime after December 4. Front end should look a lot "tidier". Now to work on this 1x business...
Quote Reply
Re: SIGMA X in stock [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I plan to get a Sigma X to put on a Felt AR1, so road bike, with an Omega X for a clean aero front end.
Question is, is it possible ? In this case I wont need the original top cap from Felt right ?

Thanks !
Quote Reply
Re: SIGMA X in stock [charlot12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
charlot12 wrote:
Hi,

I plan to get a Sigma X to put on a Felt AR1, so road bike, with an Omega X for a clean aero front end.
Question is, is it possible ? In this case I wont need the original top cap from Felt right ?

Thanks !
Yep, Sigma X works on road bikes too, and will be great on your AR1. You're correct that you can use the top cap included with the Sigma X.

--
TriRig.com
Quote Reply
Re: SIGMA X in stock (and in my hands) [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sigma X arrived today. I have taken it all apart to understand how it all works and have put it on the scale which resulted in a 254g weight. Overall the stem looks amazing and now I just have to find some time to mount it.

I will take some pictures when I can find 30 minutes in my day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming you ordered the day it was available? I'm tempted to make a late-night run to the community mailbox to see if mine came in...
Quote Reply
Re: SIGMA X in stock [TriRig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriRig wrote:
Yep, Sigma X works on road bikes too, and will be great on your AR1. You're correct that you can use the top cap included with the Sigma X.

Yes thanks for the answer. Already have a Sigma XF on my BMC TMR01, great product.
And thanks for the weight of the Sigma X BMANX !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Count me as one of those keen to hear how you get on, with a view to purchasing next year. Hoping the £/$ rate improves somewhat :-/

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: SIGMA X in stock [alfonso132] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

http://aerogeeks.com/2016/11/30/3t-revo-ltd-limited-edition-review/

review with pics of the revo mounted on a p2.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: SIGMA X in stock (and in my hands) [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe that I ordered on Tuesday or Wednesday but had to have it shipped to my US address and then had it shipped up to Canada so it took a little longer.

So I took it completely apart and it looks like the 4 bolts that hold the faceplate (not really a faceplate) are Ti with the front being longer than the rear. The pinch bolt for the steerer looks to be steel as do the two small bolts that hold the cover on.

The stem came with 4 plastic risers and the slam the stem style cover.

The inside walls for the bars and steerer look to have some sort of coating that is rough to the touch.

I will try to install the stem this weekend and will also take pictures of all of the parts on a scale.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you fit a di2 Junction A box in the Sigma X? I had thought the cover was just for cable routing.

Only asking because, if there is no space for a Junction A box, then I suspect the Sigma X/Omega X combination doesnt work (cos the Junction A Box would have to be under the stem and interfere with the cable run to the Omega X).
Quote Reply

Prev Next