Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

S-works 6 Boa base digging into top of feet
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had this issue / figured out a way to resolve without socks? I got the S-works 6 to replace an older version which felt great and really comfortable but whose sole was starting to separate from the shoe. These have a much thinner tongue/upper fabric so feel lighter, but I notice that the edge of the base of the boa dial cuts into the top of my foot through the fabric...if the tongue were wider it might not be an issue. I'm using the green body geometry insoles so not sure if that is putting my foot at an angle at odds with the shoe design...they don't appear to be manufactured incorrectly. Wearing socks seems to be enough to prevent it, but I'd like to go sock-less in the Ironman.

Quote Reply
Re: S-works 6 Boa base digging into top of feet [triryan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triryan wrote:
Has anyone had this issue / figured out a way to resolve without socks? I got the S-works 6 to replace an older version which felt great and really comfortable but whose sole was starting to separate from the shoe. These have a much thinner tongue/upper fabric so feel lighter, but I notice that the edge of the base of the boa dial cuts into the top of my foot through the fabric...if the tongue were wider it might not be an issue. I'm using the green body geometry insoles so not sure if that is putting my foot at an angle at odds with the shoe design...they don't appear to be manufactured incorrectly. Wearing socks seems to be enough to prevent it, but I'd like to go sock-less in the Ironman.

I'm on my second pair of these shoes and have never had this issue. Worn them sockless for virtually every race for the past three years. Might just be a mis-stitched pair.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply