Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Running Imbalance
Quote | Reply
Slowtwitch I need your help before I seek professional help (unless someone on here can offer professional advice)

recently I have developed an odd imbalance in my foot strike. I have always heel struck slightly, enough that over time the wear patterns on my shoes are worst on the outer edge of each heel and even through the toe bow (mean I have a pretty neutral stride with a bit of a heel strike) Now, I know this could start a debate over running with a heel strike and I am not here to do that. Recently, as of about September I started having discomfort in my left hamstring, by no means was this painfull, just a tightness and a bit twingey, I kept running and training as normal and then I took a look at my shoes treads and I had worn all the way through the outsole on the outer edge of the left heel (same place I normaly show wear, just much worse) and there were no serious signs of wear on the right shoe. last week I got a new pair of shoes, (brooks launch 2) I didn't expect this to fix the problem obviously but I was due for a new set a sneaks and thought it would at least give me a clean slate to analyze the wear patterns a bit closely.
Just went on my first mid length run (11 miles) with the new shoes and noticed after that the left shoe was already showing wear in the outsole. I need to get this fixed, if for no other reason then I am going to burn through shoes faster then I can buy them.
Has anyone had an experience like this or know what might be causing this change in my foot strike and stride?

any insight people have would be great.
Last edited by: JustTooFarr: Nov 29, 15 13:59
Quote Reply
Re: Running Imbalance [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you switched shoes that might cause problems, also if you are buying shoes that are not compatible to your foot strike you could cause problems, also some shoes just wear out fast. Other than that, we change.

I have always had an asymmetric foot strike and wear both shoes on the outside forefoot disproportionately, although my right is far worse. I will usually put a pair of shoes through one application of Shoe Goo on the spot that wears fast. A little old school, but it works.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Imbalance [mauvais poisson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the exact same problem/situation. I've had a few different injuries that I've attributed to it (without any real reason) but then found a pair of shoes from about 5 years ago that showed I've had this problem for a long time.

I've been meaning to get gait analysis to attempt to fix it.
Quote Reply