Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another report:

http://www.independent.co.uk/...police-a7886171.html
Last edited by: kiki: Aug 10, 17 6:31
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [badoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm surprised he didn't turn himself in and claim that he had no idea he knocked her over. Better to play dumb.

I can't believe that with all the publicity, he had no idea they were looking for him.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Referred to him as 'jogging' and 'jogger' multiple times. Nice.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
I'm surprised he didn't turn himself in and claim that he had no idea he knocked her over. Better to play dumb.

I can't believe that with all the publicity, he had no idea they were looking for him.

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:

Just playing devil's advocate here to stop the lynch-mob madness... She was walking and looking down at her phone and in his way...

Wait, nevermind. She was just walking along and He actually ran out of his way to shoulder her into traffic. Time to look at why somebody would want her dead. Angry Ex? Insurance payout? Looks like a murder attempt that didn't go right.

Except that he turned around and ran back later? Like he was just running his regular route? This is really weird. Somebody doing that on purpose would keep running and even hop in a car to get away.

And he didn't exactly shove her in front of a bus. He knocked her down and there happened to be a bus coming up from behind him. He didn't necessarily know it was there. He could be just an asshole level 9, not asshole level 11.

I don't think he pushed in the path of the bus on purpose. He just collided with her - Doesn't look intention for the bus and I doubt he could have timed it perfectly. Guilty of knocking her down - Yes. Intentionally trying to push her in front of the bus coming up from behind - no way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
badoc wrote:
Looks like he didn't outrun the long arm of the law...http://www.bbc.co.uk/...land-london-40889511[/url]

Last edited by: Dilbert: Aug 10, 17 9:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
badoc wrote:
Looks like he didn't outrun the long arm of the law...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/...land-london-40889511

Just came here to update it! Glad he was caught!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Sanuk wrote:

https://youtu.be/Qv5fqunQ_4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

This version is so much better.

Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Note, although a man has been arrested (a US investment banker no less) he has not been charged.

Here is the latest: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...mayfair-equity-firm/
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [scobig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting. If he indeed has "irrefutable proof" that he wasn't even in the country then the police will be back to square one. It makes you wonder what evidence the police had to take him in for questioning...hopefully something more than people saying, hey, that guy looks like so and so.

I do hope they catch the real perp. This story isn't over until they actually have a conviction ... for which everyone will want to know what the exact charges are.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scobig wrote:
Note, although a man has been arrested (a US investment banker no less) he has not been charged.

Here is the latest: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...mayfair-equity-firm/

Article says he's denying it was him, so I'm assuming that's why he hasn't been charged. Police may not have enough actual evidence to prove it was him before charges can be made. Given that the only evidence released to the public is a crappy video...I suppose any lawyer would advise their client to deny it was them as well.

That said...this is 2017...why do non HD video cameras still exist?
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's not only denying that it wasn't him, he is saying it could not have been him because he wasn't even in the country at the time of the attack. I'm waiting for the "irrefutable" proof that he was in the United States at the time.
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like they might have arrested the guy, woohoo! http://globalnews.ca/...s-prdestrian-arrest/

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RangerGress wrote:
Looks like they might have arrested the guy, woohoo! http://globalnews.ca/...s-prdestrian-arrest/

Woohoo - we don't know anything!

Per Global News - Man is 41, not named, not charged.
Per Telegraph - Man is 50, named, not charged, claims to have irrefutable evidence he wasn't even in the country at the time.

Keep looking!
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
He's not only denying that it wasn't him, he is saying it could not have been him because he wasn't even in the country at the time of the attack. I'm waiting for the "irrefutable" proof that he was in the United States at the time.

Ok...semantics, but isn't that the same thing? His lawyer seems to think so...

“Our client has been wrongly implicated in this matter; he categorically denies being the individual concerned and has irrefutable proof that he was in the United States at the time of the incident. "

I agree though that if he has evidence, it shouldn't take long to produce.
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [Jason N] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, semantics. I was only trying to point out that his denial is much greater than just "that's not me". Also, since you can see from my other post just above yours, that another guy was arrested - and also released without charge - I am inferring that police are just rounding up every guy that the public suggests both runs and looks somewhat like the guy in the hazy video. Then they bring them in for questioning and the dude says - nope, not me, and out the door they go. It will be difficult to find the right guy, and even more difficult to pin a charge that sticks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scobig wrote:

Here is the latest:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/...mayfair-equity-firm/[/quote[/url]]
Whoever this was, him or someone else, was probably not a Londoner. They are the most patient group of people on the planet. Everyone queues up and waits their turn. No one loses their cool.

If this happened in say Paris then it would not be surprising. Half that city are made up of assholes. But in London? I don't believe it. That jogger (HAHA!) was not from London.
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
On her second attempt, the girl who tried to kill me [twice] ran her Beetle up onto the sidewalk behind me as I was running. She missed and crashed her car into the front of a store

Later, she claimed that she was distracted by her kids fighting in the back seat

LOL,
I also thought that my crazy female neighbor had it for me....she appeared to try her best to run me over with her car on three separate occasions.
After watching her a couple times out and about, it turned out that she is just a really bad, distracted, confused person who probably shouldn't be driving.
One time she drove off (more like launched) with an open tailgate, dumping the entire contents of her trunk into the street.

Looks like that fellow was trying to teach her a lesson for walking down the middle of the sidewalk....

Or maybe his female boss / wife had walked over him an hour before?

Lot's of people with mental problems out there.
Heads Up!
Last edited by: windschatten: Aug 12, 17 23:30
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
Yes, semantics. I was only trying to point out that his denial is much greater than just "that's not me". Also, since you can see from my other post just above yours, that another guy was arrested - and also released without charge - I am inferring that police are just rounding up every guy that the public suggests both runs and looks somewhat like the guy in the hazy video. Then they bring them in for questioning and the dude says - nope, not me, and out the door they go. It will be difficult to find the right guy, and even more difficult to pin a charge that sticks.

Pretty poor policing I am afraid. In the UK any evidence collected before someone is read their rights is inadmissible. Normally they have done due diligence and proper investigations beforehand this is just shocking standards. They could have checked freely available records and ruled him out.

As soon as he was arrested he would have said I want my solicitor so a lot of the time in custody would have been waiting for his solicitor. Still shocking police work though.
Last edited by: Stumps: Aug 13, 17 1:40
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [Stumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The British police plastered this guy's face on every newspaper in the country, publicly named him, publicly mentioned where he worked and even mentioned where they arrested him (near where he lives) without even checking if he was in the country at the time? That's completely unacceptable. It's outrageous. Can he sue in the UK?
Last edited by: hiro11: Aug 13, 17 5:53
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hiro11 wrote:
The British PRESS plastered this guy's face on every newspaper in the country, publicly named him, publicly mentioned where he worked and even mentioned where they arrested him (near where he lives) without even checking if he was in the country at the time? That's completely unacceptable. It's outrageous. Can he sue in the UK?

CTFY.

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [DavidUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavidUK wrote:
hiro11 wrote:
The British PRESS plastered this guy's face on every newspaper in the country, publicly named him, publicly mentioned where he worked and even mentioned where they arrested him (near where he lives) without even checking if he was in the country at the time? That's completely unacceptable. It's outrageous. Can he sue in the UK?

CTFY.
The press likely wouldn't have known anything without the police leaking details.
Quote Reply
Re: Runner pushed a woman in front of a bus [DavidUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DavidUK wrote:
CTFY.

Is that FIFY in the Metric System?

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply

Prev Next