Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Run ride Event in SD on Turkey Day
Quote | Reply
If you happen to be around on Thanksgiving morning and are looking for a fun workout, grab a fellow gobbler, a family member or a random, scary stranger, dust off a mountain bike or cruiser and join us for the 26th Annual Underground Turkey Day Ride & Tie.

1) Same place as always....west end of Penasquitos Canyon.....
2) 8 am
3) About 12 miles
4) Two runners and one mountain bike. Each person supposedly runs about six miles and rides about six miles. Afterwards You will SWEAR that you ran the entire way and your buddy rode the entire way. Guaranteed!
5) How NOT to make friends with your buddy. 1) Leave the bike in the biggest gear at the bottom of a grade. That’s always fun. Or……Run BY the bike so that both of you are running and one of you has to back track.
6) Revenge of the slow and steady: This is a Thanksgiving Day Safari. Stuffed animals are hidden along the way and are worth time off your total time. Turkeys are worth a solid ten minutes per. Going fast is never as important at the Ride & Tie as stealing other people’s fuzzy friends.
7) Stashing your Stuff: Do so at your own risk. Ask two time Ironman champion Scott Tinley who was last seen confronting a fellow competitor with: “Dude, you stole my bear!”
8) Rules? We don’t need no stinkin’ rules! Change from bike to run whenever and wherever you like. Here’s a hint: Make sure you PASS your buddy before you drop the bike.
9) Clip in Pedals: Fun to ride in….hard to run in. You may want flat pedals or cages.
10) Mark your bike: ID it somehow so you don’t run by that thing. See #5.
11) How do you know you’re in the right place? Look for the WELCOME TURKEYS banner
12) Entry Fee: Ten cans of food per team that we donate to Brother Beano’s shelter in Oceanside.
13) RIDE & TIE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP BELTS. They are made of (not quite) solid silver. If you win them, you’ll have bragging rights forever and your resume’ will be complete.
14) Classic Turkey Cookies? You bet!
Last edited by: paulthomas: Nov 20, 07 19:18
Quote Reply
Re: Run ride Event in SD on \turkey Day [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Paul,

Are you in running shape? Want to partner up for a stab at that belt with me?

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Run ride Event in SD on \turkey Day [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Emilio,

With me, the only way you can win is if we are carrying 30 animals to the finish line. I will do it with you, as long as you supply the mtn bike. If you are serious, give me a call!

TP
Quote Reply
Re: Run ride Event in SD on \turkey Day [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me see if I have a mtn bike around. I may do it with my nephew, but I will let you know.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Run ride Event in SD on Turkey Day [paulthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds like a blast. We getting snow tomorrow....

I'll call you later Paul- Kim mentioned you called. I just had a fit walk in and I am juggling three deadlines right now...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Run ride Event in SD on Turkey Day [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How does this 10 year old thread show up in new threads?
Is it the date is similar and ends in 7, but not 17?

Anyways; great idea. I've been toying with the idea of doing a ride and tie for awhile - this is more inspiration.
Quote Reply