Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Run / walk help
Quote | Reply
Ok, it has finally happened. After years chronic knee pain and trying everything from different shoes to different strides to different socks, you name it and I have tried it. Last year I had a meniscus surgery that seem to have helped for a while but the knee pain is back and back with a vengeance. So at 62 years old I have come to except the fact that I can no longer run if I want to get rid of the pain and a knee replacement is inevitable.
After a lifetime of running excepting I can't run anymore has been very very difficult to except, but as I have said I've come to except it.
So here is my question. Is there a form or technique of, for lack of a better word "speed walking", or"race walking" that I could do once my knee is healed able to train again?
I am in ultra guy. In October I completed a triple Iron Man in Mexico which was a ton of fun. As you know doing an ultra or anything longer than a marathon mostly likely will involve walking to some degree.
Finding some type of fast walking or racewalking technique would mean the world to me. I would be able to maintain that part of the life that Has brought me so much joy and has been a part of me for as long as I can remember.
Quote Reply
Re: Run / walk help [natcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at getting a bionic runner. Lots of folks in your situation are using.

https://www.facebook.com/...ps/1507045689572412/

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Run / walk help [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much.
Quote Reply
Re: Run / walk help [natcon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natcon wrote:
Ok, it has finally happened. After years chronic knee pain and trying everything from different shoes to different strides to different socks, you name it and I have tried it. Last year I had a meniscus surgery that seem to have helped for a while but the knee pain is back and back with a vengeance. So at 62 years old I have come to except the fact that I can no longer run if I want to get rid of the pain and a knee replacement is inevitable.
After a lifetime of running excepting I can't run anymore has been very very difficult to except, but as I have said I've come to except it.
So here is my question. Is there a form or technique of, for lack of a better word "speed walking", or"race walking" that I could do once my knee is healed able to train again?
I am in ultra guy. In October I completed a triple Iron Man in Mexico which was a ton of fun. As you know doing an ultra or anything longer than a marathon mostly likely will involve walking to some degree.
Finding some type of fast walking or racewalking technique would mean the world to me. I would be able to maintain that part of the life that Has brought me so much joy and has been a part of me for as long as I can remember.

switch to pure uphill races? there is a gradient point where runners are moving as fast as someone power walking
Quote Reply