Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roval Wheels
Quote | Reply
Anyone have info or experience racing triathlon with Roval? How do they compare with Zipp or Reynolds?
Last edited by: mpd309: Jun 25, 16 14:06
Quote Reply
Re: Roval Wheels [mpd309] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which Roval wheelset are you interested in?
Quote Reply
Re: Roval Wheels [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roval 60. No sure if CL or CLX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those are pretty nice wheels, but I believe that they use a regular round spokes.

Zipp, HED, and Reynolds use bladed aero spokes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mpd309 wrote:

Tour magazine tested aero road bike with their stock wheels and then 404s. The CL 60s were not impressive. The less expensive SwissSides are probably a better budget choice amongst the wheels they tested. I don't know much about brake track performance either.

The new CLXs , which I think are 64mm, have tested well. Looks like owning your own wind tunnel has its benefits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mpd309 wrote:
Anyone have info or experience racing triathlon with Roval? How do they compare with Zipp or Reynolds?

If you are going Roval you have to go with the Roval CLX 64 otherwise don't bother.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Roval Wheels [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grumpier.mike wrote:
mpd309 wrote:

Tour magazine tested aero road bike with their stock wheels and then 404s. The CL 60s were not impressive. The less expensive SwissSides are probably a better budget choice amongst the wheels they tested. I don't know much about brake track performance either.

The new CLXs , which I think are 64mm, have tested well. Looks like owning your own wind tunnel has its benefits.

The CLX 64's are the nicest factory wheels on the market today outside of a custom Enve or Zipp build, even then i would argue it is a wash. You cannot overestimate the importance of a good hub, spoke, and brake track combo, the CLX's nailed it. Our road racing team had a chance to demo the wheels for a weekend and they were surprising to say the least. With the never ending Zipp hub issues these are a really solid buy. They are expensive, even with our very good discount they are pricey, so if i was paying retail i would still favor a custom set of Enve's.
Quote Reply