Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rotor Uno STILL not on any pro bikes in the TdF!
Quote | Reply
I mean, how many years are going to go by while Rotor sponsors Garmin/Cervelo and to have their sponsored riders using Shimano? personally, I think it's a pretty legit group: light, accurate, no charging, easy to route hydraulic lines.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Uno STILL not on any pro bikes in the TdF! [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not convinced about the easy to route hydraulic shifter cables. All of my bikes would need modification to run this group because for the shifter the holes into the frame are only big enough for the cable inner. If this was the same price as a mechanical groupset, fair enough but I believe it's priced nearer di2/etap. Now etap is what I would call easy to route.

I love my rotor crank, but I really don't see the benefit of this group. I don't own an electronic group but I never read of people having battery issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Uno STILL not on any pro bikes in the TdF! [srshaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never had battery issues, but the incredibly low weight of the Uno group is intriguing. Yes, you need "future proof" cable ports in your frame, so a mechanical-only frame will not work. If you're going for ultra low weight, this is appealing. I'd like to pair the RD with the new 3T 1x road frame (if the RD could handle the 12 or 13 cogs of the upcoming 3T cassette), and have left shifter for upshifts, and right shifter for down shifts - get rid of the complicated shifter inners and make it even lighter, and make the shifts faster and more powerful than Di2 (I've run duraace di2 on the fastest multi-cog shift setting, and it's great, but I could always use faster).

Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Uno STILL not on any pro bikes in the TdF! [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got your sponsors mixed up.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Uno STILL not on any pro bikes in the TdF! [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah, Dimension Data: Cervelo, Enve, Rotor

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:
I mean, how many years are going to go by while Rotor sponsors Garmin/Cervelo and to have their sponsored riders using Shimano? personally, I think it's a pretty legit group: light, accurate, no charging, easy to route hydraulic lines.

How many seasons have QuickStep been sponsored by FSA but have been using DI2 "until FSA's drivetrain components are ready"? At least two now. They're still using DI2!
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Uno STILL not on any pro bikes in the TdF! [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good point, and I believe the FSA group has been ridden and reviewed at this point! man, that stinks for Rotor and FSA. I want to see those groupsets in the Tour this year.

But here's the thing, FSA or Rotor need to go in a new, better direction. See this thread where Greenplease presents a winner of an idea: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6184289#p6184289

Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Uno STILL not on any pro bikes in the TdF! [srshaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
srshaw wrote:
I'm not convinced about the easy to route hydraulic shifter cables. All of my bikes would need modification to run this group because for the shifter the holes into the frame are only big enough for the cable inner. If this was the same price as a mechanical groupset, fair enough but I believe it's priced nearer di2/etap. Now etap is what I would call easy to route.

I love my rotor crank, but I really don't see the benefit of this group. I don't own an electronic group but I never read of people having battery issues.

The shifter hydraulic hose is actually the same size as a cable liner.

IMO, a big part of the reason it hasn't gained more traction is the cost...plus, the set I played with at Interbike last year didn't feel very smooth. Left me with a "meh" impression. That was very disappointing to me due to the fact you can get the Uno group with the excellent Magura hydraulic rim brakes :-(

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also wonder how much the team mechanics figure into this--if they're not comfortable, the riders aren't comfortable. Granted, it's not rocket science, mechanics can be fairly swapped (not that you want to) and the systems aren't that complex, but in cycling old habits die really, really hard.

Also, getting excited over groupsets? You should get out more. ;-) -J

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor Uno STILL not on any pro bikes in the TdF! [karlaj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
karlaj wrote:
getting excited over groupsets? You should get out more. ;-) -J

yeah, out on a new groupset

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's Rotor showing it's ability: https://www.bikerumor.com/...ical-pawl-bike-hubs/

That's just an amazing hub and possibly better than the Zipp Cognition hub.

I really wish Rotor could make a CVT rear cog system using their expertise as demonstrated in this new freehub engagement system. I really do think that a rear cog that expands in size with sections of cog teeth to the side that move in and up in line with the cog and down and out as the cvt cog 'shrinks' could be a truly amazing shifting system, and it could work with current freehubs and frames and provide amazing shifting range, be light and simple and provide the best shifting available.

Quote Reply