Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Rotor 3D, aero Q Rings and Quarq
Quote | Reply
Are the aero Q rings compatible with a quarq cinqo on a rotor 3d?

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 3D, aero Q Rings and Quarq [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:

Sort of. Not off the shelf. You'll need to have a machine shop remove a chunk to accommodate the battery pack.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 3D, aero Q Rings and Quarq [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing that also means you have to decide which bolt pattern/position you're going to use prior to cutting and changing it would be **impossible** without more cutting.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
I'm guessing that also means you have to decide which bolt pattern/position you're going to use prior to cutting and changing it would be **impossible** without more cutting.

Correct.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for the 130 BCD Quarq/Q-Rings, you dont need to make any modification and they will fit with no issues. However, if you are going with Compact, you can only use our special OPC3 50t outer ring as this is the only one that will fit. it is basically a road style outer ring that you can only use in the #3 position. we did the machining at the factory so that they fit and unfortunatly you would not be able to machine a Compact TT Q-Ring so that it fits.

Kervin

Rotor Bike Components USA
OUR NEW WEBSITE http://www.rotorbikeusa.com
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 3D, aero Q Rings and Quarq [kervinq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On the website, it shows the rotor3d with aero chainrings for $400 for the steel spindle is that correct? And I all I would have to do is send that to Quarq to have them put the cinqo on it.

http://www.cart32hostingred.com/...amp;prodid=153950870

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately rings are sold separately since different rings are different prices based on the style and size. I know the picture is a bit misleading but it is stated on the paragraph.

We actually have Quarq units in stock and will hopefully post them on our site this coming week, but we are a bit backed up on some of the rings but we receive shipments pretty much every week so shouldnt take long to get them in stock.

Kervin

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
On the website, it shows the rotor3d with aero chainrings for $400 for the steel spindle is that correct? And I all I would have to do is send that to Quarq to have them put the cinqo on it.http://www.cart32hostingred.com/...amp;prodid=153950870[/quote[/url]]

Ben, you are making a good choice. That particular setup is what Sergio is using. Besides being right on the tech edge, both Rotor and Quarq have excelent customer service. You won't be dissapointed using this combination.

Good luck and best wishes to all the family,

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 3D, aero Q Rings and Quarq [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does he use it on both road and TT? What BB is he using these days?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
Does he use it on both road and TT? What BB is he using these days?

Yes, he uses it on both his S2 and his P4 (Aero ring only in P4). Before he had two Cinqos, he swapped the crankset from TT to road bike several times a week, no problem at all.

Regarding bottom brackets, In his P4 he is using a Rotor SABB and in his S2 he uses a Rotor BB1. Excelent BBs.

Sergio

Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks and regards to you and your family.

Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 3D, aero Q Rings and Quarq [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar wrote:
nebmot wrote:

Sort of. Not off the shelf. You'll need to have a machine shop remove a chunk to accommodate the battery pack.

A modification is only necessary if you want to use TT rings on the Cannondale and Specialized CinQos. All the other CinQo models (SRAM, FSA, Rotor 3D) don't actually require aero rings to be modified to fit on them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your advice, I just ordered 2 rotor quarqs, one standard with 165mm and aero rings and one compact with ocp3 50/34 rings. I can't wait to get them! =]

Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 3D, aero Q Rings and Quarq [mieke@quarq] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry to beat a dead horse, but are we still talking about the compact cinqo? I have a compact Rotor 3D cinqo and want the 50-34 aero q-rings. I take it this will involve the modifications?

Thanks

4 x Kona Qualifier
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 3D, aero Q Rings and Quarq [bwinterroth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bwinterroth wrote:
sorry to beat a dead horse, but are we still talking about the compact cinqo? I have a compact Rotor 3D cinqo and want the 50-34 aero q-rings. I take it this will involve the modifications?

Thanks

Sorry, I should have been more clear in my last post. I was referring to the standard 130 BCD CinQos. Aero rings will not fit on any compact 110 BCD CinQos. There is too much interference with the geometry of the compact CinQos that we can't alter the aero rings to fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nebmot wrote:
Thanks for your advice, I just ordered 2 rotor quarqs, one standard with 165mm and aero rings and one compact with ocp3 50/34 rings. I can't wait to get them! =]

You won't be dissapointed.

Besides being great products I will say again that Rotor and Quarq have in my opinion the best customer service in the industry.

No need for the aero rings on the compact I guess. Sergio uses most of the time non-aero Q-Rings on his road bike. So far no problem breaking away using them ;-)

Sergio

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kervin (et all)
Old topic, similar question:

I have a 2011 P3 with the Rotor 3D TT (Not +) (Round 53/39) and BB1 - stock on 2011 Dura Ace P3s - and I'm wondering what Quarq unit will be compatible with what I have. Apparently, there are two types of interfaces with the Rotor TT version and one will work and one will not. I haven't had time to check yet, but I wonder if you (or anyone) could help me identify without pulling it apart to do so.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 3D, aero Q Rings and Quarq [TriZag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you look at the inside of the spider from the non-driveside, you should be able to see if the spider is attached via 4 torx bolts, or via a lockring (you wont see the lockring, but the silver torx bolts should be easy to see). The standard Quarq is compatible with the lockring model. if you happen to have the 4 bolt design, there is an SRM available for it.

Let me know if anything else,
Kervin.

Kervin

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome thanks!

I have a feeling it is the 4 torx bolts. Damn.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will a 50t aero Q ring work on a 130bcd rotor 3d quarq crankset?
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 3D, aero Q Rings and Quarq [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure will.

Kervin

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kevin,
I have a quarq Elsa and want to run q rings or qxl aero. what ones do i need?
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 3D, aero Q Rings and Quarq [iurnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just put Q-rings on my Quarq Elsa. For compact, you will need the OCP3 rings. I got a 50 OCP3 aero ring… with the "normal" 36 Q-ring for inner.

[URL=http://s145.photobucket.com/...zps37ed6a0a.jpg.html][/url]

"Suddenly the thought struck me. My floor is someone elses ceiling"-Nils Ferlin
Quote Reply
Re: Rotor 3D, aero Q Rings and Quarq [audiojan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats what i thought AJ thanks so much. I rode yesterday without them for the first time and HATED it. I love the q rings.
Quote Reply

Prev Next