Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka wetsuit sizing help
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I am looking to buy a Roka Maverick Elite wetsuit and not sure about which size I should take. Currently I weight 146 lbs at 5'9. (morning weight usually around 144.5 to 145.5) As per Roka sizing, I should be a medium at my current weight:

5'9" at 145-149 lbs --> Medium
5'9" at 140-144 lbs --> Small

I have yet started any training for a potential IM MT in August as I am still recovering from my rotator cuff surgery. (as of Nov. 3) Now I am assuming that once I started training, I should loose a few pounds which should bring me to < 145 lbs. Therefore a size small would fit me as per their chart. Is that assumption realistic or should I try to get my hand on a medium in case I don't loose weight?

In their website, they also mentioned that if I am in between size (at 145 lbs), I should size down for better performance. (size small)

Can I have some feedback from Roka wetsuit owner and what size recommendation I should get.

Thank you.
Minh
Quote Reply
Re: Roka wetsuit sizing help [tixunau] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get one and try it. They have an awsome return policy.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka wetsuit sizing help [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I heard/read as well re: return policy. The problem is that I am ordering it and shipping it to family member in NJ. I will not be able to try it until I get there between Christmas and New Year. (I am from Ottawa, Canada)

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call in and talk to their customer service team. They helped me when I was in between sizes, and their return policy is great too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'10" and 168-171 lbs, and a medium fits me well in both the Elite and Pro. It's snug, and the arms in particular take time to get on, but that's to be expected. Roka suggests the extra flexibility of the Pro makes it more forgiving, hence the different size chart, but I don't find the difference noticeable. Given how you describe yourself, I think I'd lean small, but I suppose it depends partly on how broad your shoulders are and how full your chest is, because that's where it's most likely to constrain you.

Why not order later so you're within the return window? The 50 percent sale just ended anyway. Or email them and ask for an extra week or two, I'd be shocked if they didn't accommodate you, their customer service is amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka wetsuit sizing help [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I'm 5'10" and 168-171 lbs, and a medium fits me well in both the Elite and Pro."
----------------------------
Thank you! I am your size and needed this information!

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say you are a small. I'm 6'0, 166 and I wear a medium. I'm right between sizes and I was advised to go down. These suits are really stretchy and they loosen up as you wear them. First time I tried it, it felt really tight across the chest. Second time, at the pool it felt much better. Nest time at the pool, it felt perfect. It takes time to get it pulled up but I can zip it myself.

It's a massive time improvement over my old Ironman suit.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, n=1 experience here.

5'9, 32.5 inseam, monkey arms, 144lbs -> went for a ST (Small Tall). I don't regret the choice at all.

As other posters suggested, use their return policy. I did this to try the ST and was able to swim in the pool to try it out...

Hope this helped
Last edited by: datscha: Nov 25, 15 5:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
5' 9 1/2 " (that half is really important to me) and about 150lbs in race trim, and I have a Small. I have fairly broad shoulders and a bit of arm muscle (for a triathlete), and it is time consuming getting the sleeves up. But in the water.... gravy.
Last edited by: knighty76: Nov 25, 15 5:31
Quote Reply
Re: Roka wetsuit sizing help [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Small it is. Thank you everyone! Hopefully they will have something going on Black Friday!

Cheers!
Minh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got the email; Roka 40% off Black Friday starts today

You're in luck

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply