Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Roka customer service
Quote | Reply
Hi
Just wondering if my experience is normal. i placed an order with roka 10 days ago, got a confirmation saying "Please allow 4-6 days for your order to ship". i emailed roka to check on the delay and was simply told i would be notified when it shipped - no acknowledgement even that it was delayed. i don't even so much have an issue with it being delayed, just the lack of communication.

are roka normally quick and helpful?
they seem to outsource international shipping to an outfit called borderfree so may not have any visibilty or control
Quote Reply
Re: Roka customer service [pk1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From all my previous experiences (wetsuit that was damaged, wrong size ordered) I can't say enough good things about the company. Really A+ service.

Hope it gets sorted out quickly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same positive experience as above. I ordered a speedsuit last year and got an email notification the shipment was significantly delayed for the new model I ordered, and I replied to just cancel the order as I had an impending race and the timing was going to be an issue. They reached out and sent me a demo suit to use for training and the race (which was a brand new suit only last year's model), and then followed up with the ordered suit when it was back in stock and sent me a shipping label to return the demo. I was very impressed with how above and beyond they went, and I didn't even have to ask they proactively reached out. I've been very pleased with them, so hopefully your experience was an aberration and your gear will arrive soon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say it's unusual. Both times I've ordered from Roka, the order was processed within two days, and was shipped and delivered within five business days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roka has amazing customer service. Have you tried calling them?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roka customer service has been fantastic

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had 2 customer service experiences with Roka and both were swift, transparent, and of a higher than usual quality. I think maybe perhaps you got them in a REALLY busy time or the particular agent you were in contact with was new. Give them another poke and see if you have a better experience, I'd wager you will!

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems odd, Roka has possibly the best customer service of any company I've ever experienced, and I'm a fairly high-maintenance customer. When I email them, their system immediately generates a response to tell me my email has been received. And within a day, I get a thoughtful, personalized response from a human being. On the rare occasions when there's been a misunderstanding of some sort, they take ownership of it and make sure it gets rectified quickly and effectively. I'd give huge kudos to Rob, and his co-founder Kurt, for the organization they've built.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really can't say enough good things about their customer service. I ordered my 2nd pair of R1s from them in Feb and had some issues that they fixed with a replacement. Just last week they emailed me out of the blue saying that their new R1s would completely resolve the problem I had and asked me which color I wanted, they'd ship me a pair for free. Just like that.

For wetsuit repair, same as previous poster: easy easy. Had it back, fixed, inside of 10 days.

AV8 | Team Wattie Ink Elite 2019
Quote Reply
Re: Roka customer service [niccolo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks everyone for confirming, i'm happy to be patient on this basis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just thought i'd update to say that i chased Roka again and was advised that it is indeed borderfree who are the delay and that they were expecting to clear the backlog by the end of the week - that would be to say friday the 8th. unfortunately the order has still not shipped, now just about 4 weeks after i placed it.

although it isn't roka themselves at fault, when they outsource part of their customer service to a third party the overall customer experience is still a reflection on them. 4 weeks of the supposed 4-6 days ship time with no communication initiated by them - not what i'd consider good customer service. i don't seem to have any option but to keep waiting and hope its not too much longer. fortunately its not gear for a imminent race or anything
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey pk1,
Thanks for following up. Our partner borderfree did experience a delay which ultimately led to your shipment being delayed. So sorry for the miscommunication there! Please feel free to reach out at any time for the most up to date status on your order. We're available M-F 8am-8pm CDT and 9am-5pm Saturday CDT. We can be reached at 877-985-7652 or support@roka.com
Best,
ROKA Customer Experience

ROKA Customer Experience | support@roka.com | 877-985-7652 M-F 7:30a-8p S 9a-5p CST
Quote Reply
Re: Roka customer service [ROKA_CX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, my order was finally sent 4 weeks after i placed it. unfortunately it seems to be being sent by carrier pigeon so the estimated time is 2 weeks rather than the typical 1 week.

while i fully recognise that the fault is with borderfree rather than roka, they are your agent so ultimately your responsibility - the customer experience is the same.
i did reach out to you several times. my first email got me no information whatsoever, my 2nd i was advised of the borderfree delay and told it would be sent the next day but it turned out to be another 8 days. as i've said, the biggest disappointment in this has been the lack of communication, hopefully you and borderfree have taken this on board.

i love your products, they're just so damn hard to get hold of if you're not in america - bring back the australian distribution point!

good to see someone from roka does lurk around here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had amazing support from ROKA. Had the zipper on my swim skin break couple days before the race. They helped me out and got me a replacement at the race. Then went way over an beyond what I would expect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great customer service from my experience. A model for others to follow.
Quote Reply