Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Road riding on St Croix
Quote | Reply
I'm on the airport right now waiting to board my flight to St Croix. I was hoping to do some road riding when i was out there and I'm looking for any tips you good folks might have.

In particular, is there a community? Are there regular rides on which one might tag along?

--
When I channel my hate to productive, I don't find it hard to impress
Quote Reply
Re: Road riding on St Croix [JFromTheBlock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume you are talking about St. Croix USVI? I have a friend that lives there and has mentioned there isn't much of a cycling community there. BE CAREFUL!!!!! I just did the 70.3 there in May, roads are narrow, in poor condition, and lots of debris....and remember they drive on the "wrong" side. I did one "long" ride besides the race and hated every minute of it, really wanted to take my wife up the "Beast", I would say thats a must do while on the island. Only other suggestion is staying away from Christenstead, farther east or west you are the less traffic.

USAT L1 and Youth&Junior Elite - USAC L3 - RRCA
The Cupcake Cartel
Skratch Labs Ambassador - Skratchlete
BOCO Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Road riding on St Croix [Doctor_J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, I'm talking about that St Croix. Thanks for the intel.

I must say that wasn't the most glowing endorsement though narrow and winding roads would normally be a good thing!

--
When I channel my hate to productive, I don't find it hard to impress
Quote Reply
Re: Road riding on St Croix [JFromTheBlock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a 2 year work rotation in BVI. I rode the trainer... those islands are paradise and I'd move back in a heartbeat. However, it's not a road cyclists dream. You can definitely ride, but as the other poster said, it's not fun.
Quote Reply