Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Road bike vs rent tri bike for IM?
Quote | Reply
I'll doing IM boulder in 4 weeks. I don't have any tri bike right now. I'm current training on road bike. I'm thinking to rent a tri bike at IM Boulder. My question, is it worth to rent a tri bike ? or I'm better off to stick my road bike but just add clip-on aerobar. I'm concern about hip tighter if i'm rent a tri bike and will mess up my run form?
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike vs rent tri bike for IM? [Dan7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you're thinking of doing an IM on a bike you've never been fitted on or ridden?
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike vs rent tri bike for IM? [Dan7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan7 wrote:
I'll doing IM boulder in 4 weeks. I don't have any tri bike right now. I'm current training on road bike. I'm thinking to rent a tri bike at IM Boulder. My question, is it worth to rent a tri bike ? or I'm better off to stick my road bike but just add clip-on aerobar. I'm concern about hip tighter if i'm rent a tri bike and will mess up my run form?

Before these animals tear you apart - just race on whatever you've been training on and if you've been doing your longer rides w/o aero bars and are reasonably comfortable just dont bother with them. Back to the main point - race how you've been training.
Quote Reply
Re: Road bike vs rent tri bike for IM? [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can get an aero-bar now, and a few weekends worth of long rides on it, then that's what I would go with.

If you can get a proper fitting with the bar, even better. But either of these are going to be better than dropping coin on a completely unfamiliar ride for the day.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply