Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ritchey vs Reynolds wheels
Quote | Reply
Alright, so I'm pulling the trigger on my first set of racewheels and after months of debating if I should get a used pair and actually going out of my way to find a decent set of second hand wheels, I've decided on just saving up a bit more and go for a new pair.

Because I'm still on a budget my eye has landed on these two:
- Ritchey WCS Apex II 60mm (1200euro)
- Reynolds Strike SLG 62mm (1300euro)

These two fit in my budget and seem to fit all my requirements (weight, tubeless ready, quality brand, price,...). Can't find to much information on the ritchey wheels tho.
Anyone who has experience with either set, feel free to help me choosing.

(No, i'm not buying flo's. These two sets are my pick.)
Last edited by: Fusion: Dec 15, 17 5:04
Quote Reply
Re: Ritchey vs Reynolds wheels [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would go with the reynolds.
They have a good reputation for being all round solid performers. Never the best in one category (stiffness, price, aero, braking, hubs) but overall very decent and good value for the price. If you do decide to resell them down the road their value would be better.

Ritchey are abit of a lesser known quantity. Their wheels have been around for awhile but have never made much headway. AFAIK their rims aren't anything special. My sponsor shop carries them but has never sold more than 1-2 a year. Last i remember They use a crows foot lacing pattern, a lacing pattern which has somewhat fallen out of favor due to it's complexity but has some advantages.
Quote Reply