Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance
Quote | Reply
Boston and Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo apparently tested positive two weeks prior to Chicago. I'm surprised, said no one.

http://running.competitor.com/...ned-substance_117052
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting to note that World Marathon Majors appears to have a "banned for life from our races" policy for anyone caught using prohibited substances. Imagine if any one of the major cycling events adopted the same policy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
Interesting to note that World Marathon Majors appears to have a "banned for life from our races" policy for anyone caught using prohibited substances. Imagine if any one of the major cycling events adopted the same policy.

Oh god it would force the announcers to address "The greatest stage racer of our generation"

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe I am just naive, but I am so saddened each time I hear this. I get so disappointed when someone in sport (anyone I look up to or otherwise) ends up testing positive for one banned substance or another.

Sometimes I wonder if making it legal might not be such a bad idea.

[end rant]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also interesting that they've announced this before a test of the B sample. They seem to want to avoid giving her the $500,000 series award after NYC, and then having to take it back a few weeks later.

Logical, but kind of a pisser for Rita if the B sample comes back negative.
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [tinytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinytri wrote:
Sometimes I wonder if making it legal might not be such a bad idea.

Doesn't really change things much. If you have no rules at all people will drop dead pretty often. If you allow it but limit the amounts people will still cheat.

Life is a pain in the ass. Just gotta deal with it.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
Boston and Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo apparently tested positive two weeks prior to Chicago. I'm surprised, said no one.http://running.competitor.com/...ned-substance_117052[/quote[/url]]

I'm shocked as I thought that the Kenyans are gifted genetically runners who grow up in a running culture and are above reproach
Last edited by: Runguy: Oct 31, 14 8:48
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know. Thus the pink font. Between this and the Caribbean islands fiasco (can't remember if it was Jamaica) where they forgot to drug test for about a year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that was Jamaica. I assure there is NO correlation to the lack of testing and the fact that Jamaica has been utterly dominant on both sides in the sprints.

JW (on the comback trail)
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [tinytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinytri wrote:
Maybe I am just naive, but I am so saddened each time I hear this. I get so disappointed when someone in sport (anyone I look up to or otherwise) ends up testing positive for one banned substance or another.

Same here so naive or not you're not alone. I don't like dwelling on the topic and usually tend to forget about it during periods without positive results but always very disappointed when someone, especially a leading athlete, tests positive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
Boston and Chicago Marathon winner Rita Jeptoo apparently tested positive two weeks prior to Chicago. I'm surprised, said no one.

Hey it's because they run to school and live at altitude :-D After seeing that farce at this years Berlin marathon where they did a midway sprint at km 32 to check each other out none of these FOP runners has my trust. Can't really blame them either most of them come from not very wealthy families and a win at a big race gives them a lot of comfort back home. And coming from countries which actively support doping they are just doing their job.
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlwaysCurious wrote:
Also interesting that they've announced this before a test of the B sample. They seem to want to avoid giving her the $500,000 series award after NYC, and then having to take it back a few weeks later.

Logical, but kind of a pisser for Rita if the B sample comes back negative.

Yup. They take the 2 samples for a reason. False positives happen.
Until they release the results of this test, she is still innocent.

At what point do they announce what the substance was?
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [tobi_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tobi_tri wrote:
craigj532 wrote:

Hey it's because they run to school and live at altitude :-D After seeing that farce at this years Berlin marathon where they did a midway sprint at km 32 to check each other out none of these FOP runners has my trust. Can't really blame them either most of them come from not very wealthy families and a win at a big race gives them a lot of comfort back home. And coming from countries which actively support doping they are just doing their job.

Then what do you make of Paula Radcliffe's marathon record of 2:15:25? No one has come close to that since. To add to the fire, the second fastest female marathon record holder was busted for doping.
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [over9000!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
over9000! wrote:
tobi_tri wrote:
craigj532 wrote:

Then what do you make of Paula Radcliffe's marathon record of 2:15:25? No one has come close to that since. To add to the fire, the second fastest female marathon record holder was busted for doping.

Doping is certainly not just a problem in African countries.
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [over9000!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Brits are on to something that may be years ahead of the testing. They just seemed to do fantastically well at the hometown 2012 Olympics in running and cycling events.

Again, time will tell:(
Last edited by: triordie1994: Oct 31, 14 12:08
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triordie1994 wrote:
I think the Brits are to something that may be years ahead of the testing. They just seemed to do fantastically well at the hometown 2012 Olympics in running and cycling events.

Last year Froome and his teammate Porte beat Armstrong's climbing record on the Madone, a climb LA always used to test his form for the TdF. I am pretty sure it was down to some sort of genetic evolution that has taken place during the last two years, though, so no worries.
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triordie1994 wrote:
I think the Brits are to something that may be years ahead of the testing. They just seemed to do fantastically well at the hometown 2012 Olympics in running and cycling events.

It's not just about the Brits. People need to open their eyes. A PED free professional sport is an illusion.

Even back in the days when the all the TdF people were busted one said, there's such advanced EPO now they have to catch you with the syringe in your stomach to detect it (That was B. Kohl who said that). That's how fast it degrades. Having said this MGF is today's EPO.
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [tobi_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tobi_tri wrote:
triordie1994 wrote:

It's not just about the Brits. People need to open their eyes. A PED free professional sport is an illusion.

Even back in the days when the all the TdF people were busted one said, there's such advanced EPO now they have to catch you with the syringe in your stomach to detect it (That was B. Kohl who said that). That's how fast it degrades. Having said this MGF is today's EPO.

Not so fast! Canada is the exception ! http://velonews.competitor.com/...system-doping_351271
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
tobi_tri wrote:
triordie1994 wrote:

Not so fast! Canada is the exception ! http://velonews.competitor.com/...system-doping_351271

So innocent and sweet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These positive tests are an affront to all the clean pro's. Wait a minute, are there any clean pro's still out there?

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [AlwaysCurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Serious question, has a b sample ever come back clean? I know there have been times when the b sample was corrupted and the athlete was cleared, but any legitimate negatives?
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [Printer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Printer wrote:
These positive tests are an affront to all the clean pro's. Wait a minute, are there any clean pro's still out there?

Clean pro's definitely exist! I think they reside on the same island as the Yeti, Nessie, Big Foot, the female orgasm....

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A B A
Quote Reply
Re: Rita Jeptoo Positive for Banned Substance [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a very good question. Would be really interested in knowing that as well.
Quote Reply

Prev Next