Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rio WADA lab suspended....again
Quote | Reply
Just learned that the WADA Lab in Rio lost its credential again (same as in 2014 for Soccer World Cup).

Now WADA has to ship samples to Switzerland again from the venues down there..... immense costs and probably not in time to catch cheats before Finals.....

What a great experience these Olympics are going to be.... I guess I am spending my time with other things than actually watching that charade or disaster.
Quote Reply
Re: Rio WADA lab suspended....again [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Olympics lost their luster for me a while back, to some degree though because coverage here is so America centric. It is like watching the US trials. Growing up in Germany I got to enjoy lots of different sports and hear the national anthems from many different countries. That is in fact how I leaned the various anthems. But the biggest deal breaker to me now is the shady IOC itself.
Quote Reply
Re: Rio WADA lab suspended....again [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:
Just learned that the WADA Lab in Rio lost its credential again (same as in 2014 for Soccer World Cup).

Now WADA has to ship samples to Switzerland again from the venues down there..... immense costs and probably not in time to catch cheats before Finals.....

What a great experience these Olympics are going to be.... I guess I am spending my time with other things than actually watching that charade or disaster.

What a weird perspective. Do you not ever watch any tv or movies? Because I imagine there is all sorts of shadiness and underhanded dealings going on behind the scenes, there, too.

It's entertainment. Enjoy the entertainment. Or don't. But it's certainly not a morality/ethics thing. It's two weeks of fun and excitement.
Quote Reply
Re: Rio WADA lab suspended....again [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would probaly say it's fun and games for certain people and then not for others. The rules/regulations that athletes have to follow are pretty irratating for this just being entertainment.

I just wish they would set 4-5 permanent country host sites and be done with all the issues that seem to be popping up with these Olympic host cities.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply