Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Rinny collision w car in Kona??
Quote | Reply
Heard she collided with a turning car? True? Anyone know anything? Hope she's ok

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny collision w car in Kona?? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Pear Instagram (she has taken it over today) says that's truth. Both she and the bike are okay.

<pink>Wonder which female pro rued to take her out?</pink>

https://www.strava.com/athletes/10327392
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny collision w car in Kona?? [jenniferpelota] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it sad my first thought was the same. She got "Kerrigan'd"

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike smash going into Kona?

She is keen to follow in Wellington's footsteps.

Swim. Overbike. Walk.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wait I know you. We're in a picture together.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny collision w car in Kona?? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really hope she's okay. It would not be the same if she has to withdraw.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fb message sent. Sorry to hijack the thread carry on. That would be bad if she can't race. She is a big name that actually carries
Weight.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny collision w car in Kona?? [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She's fine. Here she is riding after the car incident:

https://instagram.com/p/8jIKOXK_Jf/
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny collision w car in Kona?? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the kind of mental toughness you need to win a world championship.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny collision w car in Kona?? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Holy retro glasses Batman! She's channeling Scott Tinley circa 1984:

------------------
My business-eBodyboarding.com
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny collision w car in Kona?? [TriBodyboarder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
??? Retro? Those are the new Jawbreakers that Kienle and Frodeno debuted last year. Nothing retro about them.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny collision w car in Kona?? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you miss the pink font button?

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I must say, I'm out of the loop when it comes to new trends in triathlon, but these must be a throwback to 80s sunglass fashion, right?

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought she was rocking the Aquasphere Seals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:
I must say, I'm out of the loop when it comes to new trends in triathlon, but these must be a throwback to 80s sunglass fashion, right?

Think it's fairly safe to say, to a certain extent, "there are no new ideas". See: Dimond as prime example.

Not saying good or bad. Just is what it is. Fashion, overall, just keeps regurgitating itself over the generations...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oakley worked with Cavendish to design them. When your head is down (sprinting, aero, etc.) there's no top piece blocking your field of view. The look stupid, but they work great on the bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny collision w car in Kona?? [HoustonAg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HoustonAg wrote:
Oakley worked with Cavendish to design them. When your head is down (sprinting, aero, etc.) there's no top piece blocking your field of view. The look stupid, but they work great on the bike.

".Oakley worked with Cavendish to design them"....so they slow down when going up a hill?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriBodyboarder wrote:

Is there a "design heritage" aspect tothem? Sure....there is clearly a nod to the heritage of the Eyeshades. But retro? No, not even close.

When you look at them with a pair of Radars, you can also claim that they are influenced by that design as well. Again, not retro.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Semantics. I'm claiming retro. They look an awful lot like the ones on Tinley in my pic above. We'll have to agree to disagree.

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

This is the replica eyeshade Oakley came out with a couple of years ago? Maybe more recent than that. Not sure they are still available. They called it the Heritage edition.
Last edited by: arby: Oct 8, 15 7:04
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny collision w car in Kona?? [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arby wrote:

This is the replica eyeshade Oakley came out with a couple of years ago? Maybe more recent than that. Not sure they are still available. They called it the Heritage edition.

I know you can find them still on Steep & Cheap and probably on Competitive Cyclist. I grabbed a pair when they first came out.....love the fieldd of vision, but man, glass tech has come a long way in terms of comfort since then!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I have an old pair of Eyeshades. I started to buy the Heritage edition, but decided against it. I wish I had now.
Quote Reply
Re: Rinny collision w car in Kona?? [arby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arby wrote:
Yeah I have an old pair of Eyeshades. I started to buy the Heritage edition, but decided against it. I wish I had now.

If you have an old pair of Eyeshades, there is really no reason to buy the Heritage ones (unless your lenses are all scratched up or sumthin'). Zero difference between them (well, you don;t get the old foam strip with the Heritage version. Wink)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
<pink>was she playing with a snickers bar again that distracted her into the path of the car..... you know those snickers will kill you, somehow.</pink>
Quote Reply

Prev Next