Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ribble frames
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know anything/have experience with Ribble frames? Especially the cheap one. I wrecked my frame and every time I get close to saving for a new carbon one I end up a$$ out and broke. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the big expensive frames but it does have TT geometry and Bike Radar seems to be impressed. Just looking for some actual experience.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: Ribble frames [Jloewe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pictures? Links?
Quote Reply
Re: Ribble frames [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/ribble-ribble-frames-tt-ribble-tt-frame/ribbfrat600

It's 158+ shipping. I'm really considering pulling the trigger. Seems like it "will get the job done" and pretty low risk for the price. I have a complete 105 groupset I can just transfer over.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

For the price it doesn't seem too bad, if money is an issue. It looks like something you could resell for almost the same price if it doesn't work out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So long as you don't have high expectations, it certainly is cheap. How much is shipping?

Have you looked at used frames/bikes on ST, ebay, craigslist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've checked ebay, craigslist, everywhere... This seems to be the cheapest by a good ways. Shipping is $80. So we're still talking pretty cheap stuff here. I can't see any reason it wouldn't work out. Looks pretty sweet when built up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a size L Jamis Trilogy frame I'd sell for less...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm border line S/M Large does me no good.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a Scandium Alu Ribble road frame..
It was surprisingly a very good frameset.
Same mass as my old Cannondale, very similar geo and handling.
Road well and served as a commuter and travel bike for a fair few years.
I gave it to a friend to use as a crit bike...

For the money it was a great deal.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps not quite the information that you are looking for but I currently ride a Ribble road frame and am really happy with it.
I've got the sportive bianco (has since been updated and renamed the Azzuro).
It's stiff and climbs really well, and the carbon soaks up the road surprisingly well.

As an anecdotal data point - a riding buddy of mine has a mid range mad one and we switched for the day to see how the different bikes felt (switched saddles and set eachothers bikes up first). Afterwards he said that he'd secretly been expecting for my frame to be noticeably worse than his (he paid double what I did) but was really pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. I would say that his Madone was marginally nicer to ride, but I mean marginally.
Quote Reply
Re: Ribble frames [Liaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Liaman wrote:
Perhaps not quite the information that you are looking for but I currently ride a Ribble road frame and am really happy with it.
I've got the sportive bianco (has since been updated and renamed the Azzuro).
It's stiff and climbs really well, and the carbon soaks up the road surprisingly well.

As an anecdotal data point - a riding buddy of mine has a mid range mad one and we switched for the day to see how the different bikes felt (switched saddles and set eachothers bikes up first). Afterwards he said that he'd secretly been expecting for my frame to be noticeably worse than his (he paid double what I did) but was really pleasantly surprised by how nice it was. I would say that his Madone was marginally nicer to ride, but I mean marginally.

Almost exactly what I was looking for. With the exception that I'll be on a Alloy TT frame. But close enough. I emailed the company hoping to get a few specifics on the bike, like if it comes with a seat post and fork. Either way for the money I don't see any legit way of beating the deal, low risk high reward. As long as it goes fast and doesn't fall apart I'm cool.

Last edited by: Jloewe: May 28, 15 5:46
Quote Reply