Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Request to those who hate WTC
Quote | Reply
I want to do IM Arizona but it is too far for me to travel and volunteer. So I have to try to register on line. If all of you WTC haters will talk all of your tri buddies into boycotting IM Arizona (since they are such corporate whores, make too much money and are evil) registration might stay open for 10 minutes instead of 10 seconds. That way I might be able to get in and fulfill a dream. Just for the record, while I did not send $$$ to TRS, he had my moral support. Thanks in advance for your help!! "Down With Capitalism"
Quote Reply
Re: Request to those who hate WTC [riltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Instead of getting all the WTC haters to talk their tribuddies out of it...you first have to get all of the WTC haters to talk themselves out of it. ;)

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Quote Reply
Re: Request to those who hate WTC [justarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justarunner wrote:
Instead of getting all the WTC haters to talk their tribuddies out of it...you first have to get all of the WTC haters to talk themselves out of it. ;)

Post of the day!

Here is the reality….95% of people who do an Ironman LOVE WTC. and they should, they deliver what these people want.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Request to those who hate WTC [justarunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
justarunner wrote:

^^ This!
Quote Reply
Re: Request to those who hate WTC [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
justarunner wrote:

Post of the day!

Here is the reality….95% of people who do an Ironman LOVE WTC. and they should, they deliver what these people want.

WHAT!!! Damn you justarunner, I was going for post of the day. You are welcome for the setup!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gracias. You'll see in a lot of my posts I take some anger out on WTC. But i'm realistic, the vast majority of WTC employees are great people. I've met a bunch of them and they're phenomenal. Their seems to be a disconnect between the upper echelon of WTC and all those below them.

But at the end of the day, the race staffs put on a phenomenal race, bust their ass, and I know what to expect for my dollars spent. So I have no remorse in signing up for an Ironman. I plan to switch to short stuff after this experience but I'll be back to race Iron distances again in the future and will do them whether they are WTC or whatever brand can offer me a solid race.

I think a lot of the people on this board spit out a lot of anger (myself included) but at the end of the day, you have to talk with your money, and most people are talking with their money...by giving it to WTC.

The Home of Advanced Running
Advanced Running Instagram Page
My narcisstic training log
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why Arizona? It's a good race but these days you have many choices. Why not pick one that isn't 16 months away. Canada for example was fantastic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
riltri wrote:
I want to do IM Arizona but it is too far for me to travel and volunteer. So I have to try to register on line. If all of you WTC haters will talk all of your tri buddies into boycotting IM Arizona (since they are such corporate whores, make too much money and are evil) registration might stay open for 10 minutes instead of 10 seconds. That way I might be able to get in and fulfill a dream. Just for the record, while I did not send $$$ to TRS, he had my moral support. Thanks in advance for your help!! "Down With Capitalism"

why do you want to do IM AZ?

only valid reasons:
- you have familyfriends there to visit
- you think you can KQ
- you want a douchebag ironman tattoo and brag that you did a branded event.

otherwise, do a grass roots series like HITS, capitolaman, vineman, etc etc
Quote Reply
Re: Request to those who hate WTC [cjbruin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cjbruin wrote:
Why Arizona? It's a good race but these days you have many choices. Why not pick one that isn't 16 months away. Canada for example was fantastic.

From Websters: sar·casm noun
: the use of words that mean the opposite of what you really want to say especially in order to insult someone, to show irritation, or to be funny

I know him. He's way too cheap to travel that far.

--------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: bhc: Jul 31, 14 17:18
Quote Reply
Re: Request to those who hate WTC [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

only valid reasons:
- you think you can KQ

Only valid reasons huh?

Founder of THE TRIATHLON COLLECTIVE (Closed Facebook Group). A SBR discussion group without the white noise/trolling!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:

only valid reasons:
- you think you can KQ

I'll be narrow minded also-

Why would you do hits, capitolman, vineman,etc
Only valid reasons:
- can't afford IM brand race
- can't compete in a large competitive field
- you have family or less likely a friend to visit
Quote Reply
Re: Request to those who hate WTC [Rover24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rover24 wrote:
synthetic wrote:

only valid reasons:
- you think you can KQ

Only valid reasons:

you are mixing in competitive field and ability to pay which are mutually exclusive. Dont care to race some lawyer/ceo doing 12 hours when there are kids here in the ghetto running 14 min 5ks.... if they had the cash to do these races.....

There is a lot of talent out there and it is definitely not in an expensive race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
synthetic wrote:
Rover24 wrote:
synthetic wrote:

only valid reasons:
- you think you can KQ

Only valid reasons:

you are mixing in competitive field and ability to pay which are mutually exclusive. Dont care to race some lawyer/ceo doing 12 hours when there are kids here in the ghetto running 14 min 5ks.... if they had the cash to do these races.....

There is a lot of talent out there and it is definitely not in an expensive race.

While there is much validity in your second comment, this is completely unrelated to your first comment. There are many reasons to do a WTC event over a lesser known event. There are also many reasons we cannot get those kids from the ghettos on bikes, into pools, and on trails for ironman. But the fact that some doctor or lawyer did Ironman is not what kept that kid in the ghetto. I actually wish ST spent more time on that second point than worrying about how a bunch of pros get paid. I think it is profoundly sad that Ironman races in the Unites States look like upscale country clubs in white suburbs. It would be very nice to see some diversity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
justarunner wrote:

Post of the day!

I enjoyed Timberman as an event when I did it in 2010, but learning about WTCs business practices, getting into bed with Armstrong, continued disdain for the pros that act as standard bearers for the sport, and whether or not its a good event, I wont give them my business.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been doing that for a while now.

You're welcome
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
riltri wrote:

Sorry, but this really won't make a difference. There may seem like a lot of WTC haters, but if you look closely, there really are not that many. Its just the ones that exist are pretty vocal.
Quote Reply
Re: Request to those who hate WTC [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:

Sorry, but this really won't make a difference. There may seem like a lot of WTC haters, but if you look closely, there really are not that many. Its just the ones that exist are pretty vocal.

I agree with this, but as soon as we start to believe that one voice doesn't matter, democracy and capitalism are both weakened.

I might feel that choosing to not race WTC events anymore will not have a significant impact and will just make it easier for someone else to register for the race, but I still have to vote with businesses with my money. I can't control anybody else's money.

"Some folks plan for the optimum race, others like to get upset when others out plan them. "
Quote Reply
Re: Request to those who hate WTC [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That and 100% of the WTC haters are on ST which only makes up 1-3% of Triathletes.