Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replacing crankset on my 2007 Equinox E9 questions?
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking about picking up a 105 FC-5750 compact with 165mm arms and a 50/34 to replace my Bontrager RL with 53/39 and 172.5mm arms. My thinking is that I'll buy the crankset and then install a PowerTap C1 chainring when I find a stellar deal on one.

So, I know the BB on my bike is English. I can grab an Ultegra BBR60 for an additional $18. Will these parts fit my Trek? Do I actually need a new BB (I'm guessing it's lighter and fresher than the one I have now)?

Is there anything else I'm missing about the possible upgrade?

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing crankset on my 2007 Equinox E9 questions? [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey mate...
I'm not that familiar with the powertap chai rings so won't comment on them... But,
I replaced the bottom bracket on my 2009 trek Equinox a while back and I'm guessing it would be the same.
I used a shimano ultegra bottom bracket, English thread and it went in no problems and the shiimano crank should go in with no problems.
The bottom brackets are so light that there prob won't be much difference in weight... But if your current one has been used for quite a while it is prob worth installing a new one... Especially if there is any lateral play in the chainset.
Goodluck
Quote Reply
Re: Replacing crankset on my 2007 Equinox E9 questions? [JeremyWallace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info! I think I'm all set to pick up the upgrade.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply