Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Replace latex tube
Quote | Reply
I've had the same set of latex tubes on my race wheels for two years now. No sign of a problem but I'm wondering how long a tube will last inside a tire. I should also note the tubes don't get inflated over the winter. Is there any reason to replace the tubes or should I just go with the if it ain't broken theory? I have new tubes, but don't want to be wasteful either. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Replace latex tube [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Never replace an inner tube until it goes flat. That's my philosophy anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Replace latex tube [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aries33 wrote:
I've had the same set of latex tubes on my race wheels for two years now. No sign of a problem but I'm wondering how long a tube will last inside a tire. I should also note the tubes don't get inflated over the winter. Is there any reason to replace the tubes or should I just go with the if it ain't broken theory? I have new tubes, but don't want to be wasteful either. Thanks in advance.

I'm no expert but I get new latex tubes and gp4000sii tires every season.....haven't had a flat in five years of racing. Not saying that's the reason but going to stay superstitious and continue the process until I get my first flat.
Quote Reply
Re: Replace latex tube [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Posting about not having a flat for five years could be a jinx.

gphin305 wrote:
aries33 wrote:

I'm no expert but I get new latex tubes and gp4000sii tires every season.....haven't had a flat in five years of racing. Not saying that's the reason but going to stay superstitious and continue the process until I get my first flat.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: Replace latex tube [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:
Posting about not having a flat for five years could be a jinx.

gphin305 wrote:
aries33 wrote:

I thought about that before posting but pretty much gave the same advice to a similar question last year. Made it through another season....know I'm overdue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't replace mine until they flat, regardless of age.
Quote Reply
Re: Replace latex tube [Dynamic161] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only time I replace a latex tube is if it is torn so badly I cannot repair it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
aries33 wrote:

This is what I do as well.

I won't throw them out or recycle them just yet. I will normally put them in my training wheels and they'll last at least another year, sometimes longer but I really don't track them after that.
Quote Reply