Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Regarding bike fit...
Quote | Reply
A lot of people have been asking if they have the right size bike lately. That got me thinking, can a person fit more than one size bike (from the same manufaturer or at least from companies that measure the same way)? If I fit on a 54 cm PK2 isn't it possible that I could fit on a 52 or 56 cm PK2 also? Heck, 2 cm isn't even an inch. That doesn't sound like much to me.

Zeke
Quote Reply
Re: Regarding bike fit... [Zeke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is when it comes to the entire picture. A stem length being 2 cm shorter can cause a lot of handling problems and not allow proper weight distribution over the bike.

Everyone has a proper top tube length according to the different sizing formulas. With the example of the P2Ks, there are different headtube lengths, as well. You could end up too high on a bike that the top tube stretches you out like a medieval torture device.

My own personal rule of thumb is that I pay close attention to the top tube sizes and headtube length. If anything, I would go for a bike that is one size down rather than one size up if I had to pick between the two.

That being said, the best thing I had ever done was to get a custom bike built for me. It fit me out of the box. This is where my hard-and fast top tube length came from. It was a shame, however that it was the flexiest noodle I had ever ridden.
Quote Reply