Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Redman OKC 2017
Quote | Reply
Are there any threads out there on this year's race?
Anyone else racing, thoughts/feedback/advice on the course?
(I'm signed up for the half)
Quote Reply
Re: Redman OKC 2017 [tritexas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been there the last two years.

Well organized race, roads are OK, some don't like them but they are similar to the roads I train on.
Run is two loops on paved path.
Of the three times I've been there, one of the swims was rough/difficult

Expect it to be warm.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lake's full. Water's warm & dirty

Bike has changed course from years past. That brutal, washboarded 3-4mile section of Waterloo from County Line to Piedmont Rd is out. Replaced with a route having kinder surface, but few more rolling hills up to Cashion. Then a 4m strip out & back of chipseal.

Run is 100% concrete. 0% shade.

CC
Quote Reply
Re: Redman OKC 2017 [ChiroCowboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChiroCowboy wrote:
Lake's full. Water's warm & dirty
o Cashion. Then a 4m strip out & back of chipseal.

Run is 100% concrete. 0% shade.

CC

Incorrect! The route now follows the same path we used for ITU worlds last year. Now we have 2-3 sections of about 10' of shade.

We have had a lot of rain the last few days and more in the forecast, so hopefully we won't be getting up to walk through the water half way through the swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RedMan is great. Well organized, good course, good people, and good competition. Swim likely rough and water is red, bike is fast and run is hot but flat...and with lots of people cheering. I will be out there again this year for the half.

Best wishes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Redman never gets much attention on Slowtwitch. Your best bet for information is Redman's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/103227790055/
It's not very active right now, but as race day gets closer, it will be.

I love, love, love Redman. Greatest race staff and volunteers in the world. I can't be there this year, but hope to return next year, or definitely in 2019.

Good luck and have fun!
Quote Reply
Re: Redman OKC 2017 [Jim @ LOTO, MO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It really is sad that Slowtwitch doesn't have more love for one of the greatest triathlons in North America. So amazing the kind of race you get when the people doing it are doing it for their love of the sport and not some investment opportunity.

I'll be there this year.
Quote Reply