Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Redman Full Distance OKC, OK
Quote | Reply
does anybody have a race review of the Redman Full course in OKC, OK?
Quote Reply
Re: Redman Full Distance OKC, OK [jakemet85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakemet85 wrote:
does anybody have a race review of the Redman Full course in OKC, OK?
I did the full aquabike there in 2014. Water can be quite rough if it's windy. That remains the worst swim I've ever done, just beat me up, buoys moving all over, etc. It was also nasty for last year's ITU world championships. Typical lake water, with 6 inches of visibility. It's a clay bottom, so anything white will turn orange.

The bike course isn't so great. I don't know if the roads have improved, but you had to be careful with bumps, holes, cracks, etc. Especially on the back side. Also, coming back into town on the 2nd loop I felt the traffic control was quite poor. I was almost hit by cars turning in front of me 3x.

I can't speak for the run.

It's not one that I plan on going back for.
Quote Reply
Re: Redman Full Distance OKC, OK [jakemet85] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done the half (3 times). The full is just the half course 2x.

Swim depends on the year. If water levels are good it's a long rectangle. If water levels are low they do a triangle out in the middle. I prefer the first; a few years back it was crazy windy on the triangle course out in the middle. Really miserable.

The bike is one of my favorite bike courses. Easy rollers for a good chunk of the course. Most of the roads are good.

The run goes around the lake. Dead flat. Good aid stations. Minimal shade. The full is four loops of ~6.5 each.

If the weather is good it's a PR course. September is usually decent, it can get a tad hot later in the day. Overall one of the best / smoothest run races out there.

Keep in mind all of these notes are for the standard 70.3/140.6 setup. I'm not sure if they're doing a different course setup this year like they did last year. Even if they do I can't imagine anything significantly different from the note above.

Good luck, it's a great race.
Last edited by: wcb: Feb 17, 17 10:40
Quote Reply