Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommendations for aero helmet
Quote | Reply
I sold my old Kask Bambino as I was having a few issues with the magnets on the visor, I loved the helmet though. From what I understand the new Bambino has stronger magnets? I'd love to get another one, but they cost $500 in Australia! I quite like the Smith Podium TT, but my mate has one and he reckons it has similar problems to the old Bambino, weak magnets and he's lost his visor before. What other options are out there? I want one with a visor. The LG P-09 has a visor that flips up, has anyone got a P-09? TIA

Edit

I've got a Giro Air Attack that I use when on my road bike, I guess that could be an option, although to my uneducated eye, it doesn't look very fast!
Last edited by: zedzded: Oct 4, 17 18:53
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for aero helmet [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Smith, and yes weak magnets...plus the rubber more piece has come loose when wet. Smith was great to send me a new lens but same thing, this will try a little glue.

P09 does flip but it’s a useless trick to me. I recall study showing it was faster with glasses than with lens.

I have also used the giro Aerohead. Fit is good, though a touch more warm than LG or Smith. The magnets are quite strong in p,ace or flipped up. I liked the ability on long climbs to be able to flip it up if I’m riding upright, just to try and get a little air cooling to the head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although I haven't wore any of the previously mentioned helmets... the aerohead has some mean magnets and top 3 in aero for just about everyone!

Best thing about the aerohead is that it is going down in price everyday, it is a bit warm but it can be worked around!

Speed kills unless you have speed skills!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for aero helmet [playero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playero wrote:
Although I haven't wore any of the previously mentioned helmets... the aerohead has some mean magnets and top 3 in aero for just about everyone!

Best thing about the aerohead is that it is going down in price everyday, it is a bit warm but it can be worked around!

Cool thanks. Just googled it. It's a weird looking helmet!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty happy with my Sworks TT... but if I was in the market soon I might wait for the Endura Aeroswitch
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hi fellow aussie! I had the bambino pro, and magnets were much much stronger. Keep an eye out second hand if you like them. I have the bontrager Aeolus which is a very tight squeeze of a helmet and an s-works tt. For comfort the latter is a good one and the visor wont move. The giro aerohead also gets good reviews - however if you race IMWA or something with it, it would be pretty warm I would imagine.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for aero helmet [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
hi fellow aussie! I had the bambino pro, and magnets were much much stronger. Keep an eye out second hand if you like them. I have the bontrager Aeolus which is a very tight squeeze of a helmet and an s-works tt. For comfort the latter is a good one and the visor wont move. The giro aerohead also gets good reviews - however if you race IMWA or something with it, it would be pretty warm I would imagine.

cool thanks :)

I'll probably go for another Bambino. Just trying to find a cheap one though is hard! I really liked the helmet, other than the magnet thing, but sounds like newer models have fixed this up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeh they are definitely better. I used the visor all the time and had no issues. The inside head cradle also has a better ratchet type system. I sold mine like 2 months ago for 200 bucks. If your on facebook I see them all the time on trimarketplace or bicycle market (groups which sell this stuff aus wide).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
POC Cerebel might be an option for you? No visor issues with mine, to date, although I'm not racing much. Has tested pretty well in the tunnel for a good number of people. Only slight grumble I have is the adjustment wheel is hard to access with the helmet on, but you get the knack. That said, I've only worn it in TTs this year, haven't tried it out in T1 yet. Quality is great.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendations for aero helmet [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
POC Cerebel might be an option for you? No visor issues with mine, to date, although I'm not racing much. Has tested pretty well in the tunnel for a good number of people. Only slight grumble I have is the adjustment wheel is hard to access with the helmet on, but you get the knack. That said, I've only worn it in TTs this year, haven't tried it out in T1 yet. Quality is great.

Thanks I'll check it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t have personal experience but this helmet is on my wishlist.

http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/...p;item_id=HL600031US
Quote Reply