Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommendation for Oceanside 70.3 lodging
Quote | Reply
My buddy and I were lucky enough to snag spots for IM 70.3 Oceanside before the sell out today. It's my 5th 70.3; her first. I assume the hotels associated with the race are or will soon be sold out for the race weekend. Anyone have any good recommendations for lodging? I took a shot in the dark at Galveston this year and ended up in an OK place that was a fair drive from the race. Having never been to Oceanside before, would welcome any thoughts. Dunno if the family will join us or not for this trip. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for Oceanside 70.3 lodging [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are some hotels right by the start/finish which would probably be great esp if you have family-they could spend the day at the beach and spectate.i imagine those would be the first to sell out.Not a huge fan of the rest of Oceanside tho.
We stayed in Carlsbad(next town over) at a Holiday Inn(I think?) easy drive.There was a bit of traffic but that's pretty common in that area(also the Carlsbad 5000 was that same weekend so added a little extra traffic).We regularly VRBO during the summer in Encinitas and Cardiff(about 10 mi south).Awesome little towns and not too far.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommendation for Oceanside 70.3 lodging [globetrotterjon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go on VRBO and book a place at North Coast Village (999 N. Pacific St.). It is a prime spot right on the water and in between the swim start and run course. It is a condominium complex that you can rent a unit for a low price for right on the water. I've raced Oside 5 years in a row and took my whole family. North Coast Village was an excellent location for both the race and for surrounding fun.
Quote Reply