Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend to me a Carbon, Hard-Tail, 27.5+, 'XC' Suspension/Geo (<120mm) w/ Good Spec
Quote | Reply
I am having a hard time finding any hard tail 27.5+ bikes with 120mm (or less) travel that are carbon and well spec'd but not like top spec'd. They either have too much travel, are have full suspension, are aluminum, or are 29+ (e.g. Trek Stache), or are not well spec'd. I am looking for a mid-range group like GX Eagle or X1, or even Shimano XT and either carbon or really good and light aluminum wheels. Budget is $3500-$4500.

What are my options?
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend to me a Carbon, Hard-Tail, 27.5+, 'XC' Suspension/Geo (<120mm) w/ Good Spec [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The pendulum has swung back to 29ers with 2.35 tires. I don't think you will find a bike like you describe. Unless you are really short you should try the 29er.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend to me a Carbon, Hard-Tail, 27.5+, 'XC' Suspension/Geo (<120mm) w/ Good Spec [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend to me a Carbon, Hard-Tail, 27.5+, 'XC' Suspension/Geo (<120mm) w/ Good Spec [endosch2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
endosch2 wrote:
29ers with 2.35 tires

but that kinda misses the whole point. we have a 27.5+ hardtail in the garage and i would be perfectly fine running that at 5'11" and the right size frame. i have a 160mm travel 29er with 2.35 tires and that thing rides gigantic.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The aforementioned Giant is a good choice but I'd also encourage you to look at a Trek Stache. Personally, I've decided that my off-road skills will always be lackluster so I'm building up an Evil: The Following with 27.5+ wheels/tires.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
santa cruz highball is worth a look then. But why specific on 27.5? just curious what the intended use is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don’t ABSOLUTELY have to have a hardtail, the Trek Fuel EX 9.8 might tick your boxes. I chose it after a lengthy search for a versatile bike I could hit trails with pals on and also use for Xterra. It’s Eagle, 29er, and I’m assured that the rear suspension is smart enough that locking it out on climbs is really not required. I’m picking it up in a few weeks and cannot wait.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Pivot LES but don't run it as a plus bike now but possibly this summer for some of the bikepacking events I'm eyeing. Lots of versatility here, 29", 27.5+, SS dropouts, di2... but they're not terribly cheap.

A buddy had one of the mid-level Canyons (Exceed) for his kiddo this season. Nice looking and well spec'd but they spec the SID which I believe caps out at 100. Easy enough to sell and get a Fox 34.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My brother got a bike from Fezzari that he loves. His was a 29er but they have lots of options.

https://www.fezzari.com/...e-27-5-plus-gx-eagle

This looks like what you're looking for I think, although I don't know about the wheels.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend to me a Carbon, Hard-Tail, 27.5+, 'XC' Suspension/Geo (<120mm) w/ Good Spec [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the iron cowboy rides one so you know its good.........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You need o check out the Norco revolver. Awesome bike, awesome spec. I absolutely love riding my HT 27.5, it's a ridiculous amount of fun.

For 2015-2016-2017 they offered all the models in 29 and 27.5. looks like they're phasing that out in favor of just 29 in 2018, so look for a 2017. (I got mine in 2015).

http://m.norco.com/...xc-race/revolver-ht/

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply