Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recommend a fitness watch for a relative
Quote | Reply
With holidays coming up, I'm looking at fitness watches for a female who is just a walker, some running, yoga-er, and weight lifter. Also, something for a 13 year old boy genius. ;)
What are people buying and why?
The Garmin Forerunner 15 looks like a pretty good option. I read DCRainmaker's review, and it sounded like a solid 7-8/10. It needs heart rate.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a fitness watch for a relative [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Robert,
for a casual fitness enthusiast, I would suggest looking into optical HR tracking watches, like the Mio Alpha, or even the Microsoft Band. they are pretty reasonably priced, and somebody who uses it for walking/yoga probably will not want to have to deal with a chest strap.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a fitness watch for a relative [foxonthemove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I'll check them out....

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Recommend a fitness watch for a relative [foxonthemove] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Microsoft Band would fit both the woman and the boy. They are both attached to their cellphones.

-Robert

Quote Reply