Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recognizing adaptation vs fatigue
Quote | Reply
I've got a bit of decent kit for cycling. But I am not someone who can afford coaching or software subscriptions. So, without a fancy tool, what are some good indicators for adaptation vs fatigue?

How can I recognize the difference when seeing my HR lower than I was used to for some arbitrary power? Today's workout was just an EM roll at lunch. Felt perfectly fine. I did notice that to get the HR to let's just say, 140, it was taking more power. Comfortably, more power. This isn't something I really always pay attention to. My wifi connection was crap so all I could swing was listening to some Pandora, couldn't watch anything. So I kept noticing this instead.

Also, I train with power, not HR. I was just tooling around with it while staying within my EM ride power zone.

Personally, when on a plan, I average around 400-550 TSS per week (assuming my EM rides are warm/daylight rides allowing more hours). Nothing incredible. The IF is often a bit high on the shorter workouts as it's road-race stuff. I always get plenty of sleep year around. And some days off the bike.

I feel like this time around, it is adaptation. Just looking for some good stuff to watch out for.
Quote Reply
Re: Recognizing adaptation vs fatigue [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't have the answer but I believe Golden Cheetah is free analysis software - maybe you could use that?
Quote Reply