Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Recabling a Felt b16
Quote | Reply
quick question. Need to replace the rear brake cable, which runs internally. Having never done that, watched a few youtube videos and they seem to imply that before pulling the existing cable out i should run a thin pvc conduit back out so that i can route the new cable through it. But looking at the frame it seems like each of the 3 internal cables have their own preassigned non shared internal routes, which makes me think that i should not have any issues routing the new cable down without the extra conduit. Anyone has any experience with that?
Thanks!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Recabling a Felt b16 [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I remember correctly, mine has brake housing all the way through the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Recabling a Felt b16 [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I do when I recable is take out old cable, not housing. Then install new cable. The pull out old housing through brake hole. Measure new housing then reverse install the new housing. That way you don't have to worry about guides and not getting it back through the exit hole.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Recabling a Felt b16 [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recabled my 2012 B16 a few weeks ago. The cable housing runs all the way through the frame. If you want to replace the cable only it's totally foolproof! I replaced the housing as well, and despite being a bit of a fool when it comes to wrenching, it was pretty simple as well. I replaced the old cable with the new one, then threaded the new housing onto the cable and basically pushed the old housing though the frame with the new housing. I wasn't sure if it was internally guided or not so I figured I should keep a cable in place, just in case. The only remotely difficult part was getting the new cable to exit the frame, but it only took a few seconds of wiggling it about.
Hope that helps!

-----
http://www.howesgreg.com
Quote Reply