Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

RearDISC vs Rear808?
Quote | Reply
DWEEB ALERT! Sorry, but comparing a 404front/808rear to a 404front/DISCrear on Zipp's website http://www.zipp.com/...hop/customselect.php gives me a savings of only 3 seconds over 40km. Since I dont ride 300 watts, the difference may be slightly more... but this data begs the question-- "Why even bother with a DISC wheel at all, is the savings is almost negligible and the DISC is a liability in gusty winds?
-- because a DISC looks "cool"
--because the PROS use it and therefore it must be better
--because I buy gear in vain hoping it will make me faster
--because I am too lazy to train
Quote Reply
Re: RearDISC vs Rear808? [shacking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looks to me like Zipp is giving you 113 seconds for the disc, 96 seconds for the 808 on the rear, and 80 for the 404 and the disc will be even faster in the wind. It will also be more stable. Someone who can't handle a 404/404 combo in the wind probably will feel fine with a 404/disc, maybe an 808/disc, where Zipp is now giving you another 16 seconds

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Last edited by: Sweeney: Jan 31, 15 13:00
Quote Reply
Re: RearDISC vs Rear808? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On mine I run a 1080 front with a disc in the rear. When it's windy, I swap the 1080 for the 404. With the disc in the rear and your body weight on the rear triangle, no issues and I actually feel more secure and faster with the disc. Just my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: RearDISC vs Rear808? [shacking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think my bike handles better with a disc on the rear. How much faster it is over an 808 will vary based on your observed yaw on a given day.

Edit: but it won't be much.
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Jan 31, 15 15:32
Quote Reply