Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Re: ventilated helmet advice
Quote | Reply
Looking for a new helmet, and the primary feature that I would like (aside from protecting my head, of course!) is excellent ventilation. I'm not concerned much with aerodynamics, as I'm primarily climbing in the mountains (and have an aero road helmet) and have noticed that I'm pretty uncomfortable with how hot my head is currently getting on hour+ long climbs in the summer. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
Quote Reply
Re: ventilated helmet advice [quakertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a 125 mile 10,000 ft of climbing ride a week or so ago in 80-90 degree weather. Zero drops of sweat on my glasses wearing a LG Course helmet. I have been very impressed with it after years of Giro helmets. It's noticeably cooler and quieter (I can hear things approaching better). I threw on a Giro Aeon for a 70 degree ride yesterday and the same glasses had all sorts of sweat drips on them.

I'm not sure I'll find a helmet that fits as well as a medium Giro Atmos or Aeon, but the LG fits similar, is less mushroom looking and definitely cooler and quieter. If your head is more of an oval than a circle, I think the Course could be good choice. I had tried on the Ballista and Evade, but they were a little too 'aero' looking for my taste. Assuming nothing breaks (I have only had it a month), I'm really happy about my LG Course purchase.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, the modern aero style has less vents so its tough to find a decent cooling helmet

the airiest helmet I ever had was the Bell Sweep - I think the key part was that the front part that would cover your brow was really small so you got a lot of air over your forehead.
A lot of helmets have long vents but start an inch higher so then your forehead doesnt get any breeze

Bell sweep
Giro Aeon
Catlike Whisper or Catlike
Bell gage
eKoi korsa light might be an option
Quote Reply
Re: ventilated helmet advice [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, this list is helpful! I will check these out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both the Bell Gage and Bell Sweep, they are both super airy and well ventilated. The difference (in addition to the price) is that the Gage is noticably lighter.
Quote Reply