Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Damon...would Tony be able to that for the bars - or just the seatpost?

Thanks for looking into this matter for us...

Hope you had fun at Eurobike!!!!

Last edited by: jar70: Sep 4, 12 9:18
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [waitebe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
81 deg
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Hi Johnek,

I asked him this morning. I'm sorry to report it, but we already have a lot of glossy handle bars and even more glossy seat posts. Looks like it'll probably be a long time before we change the finish on those parts. I haven't reached out to Hot Tubes yet, but I suspect Toby could spray a satin clear coat on request.

Cheers,

The matte/satin color is great, even with glossy bars. I also suspect that glossy bars is going to feel better than satin-- I think that satin might give that "nails on chalkboard" type of feeling.

We just built up Jo Lawn's 2013 P5 for Vegas and Kona-- it looks awesome!

A full gallery of 38 images, included how we custom modded the Di2 onto the hydraulic brakes, can be found here: http://www.theradsport.com/...per-mod-for-jo-lawn/
Last edited by: Alex Kehr: Sep 4, 12 10:58
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jar70 wrote:
Hey Damon...would Tony be able to that for the bars - or just the seatpost?

Thanks for looking into this matter for us...

Hope you had fun at Eurobike!!!!

I am having Toby do a Matte Black paint job on the frame, fork, seatpost and bars. Sending it to him on Friday.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [7summits] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Andy...did you get all gloss one? Sweet - do you have your full bike now? Awesome.

Please let me know what you think when you get Toby to whip that up - I will be super interested in seeing the pics and hearing your feedback - I know that you are "as particular" as I am!!!! ;-)

Cheers mate!

Quote | Reply
Damon

How does one request Toby to spray a seat post with satin - at a minimum I would want the seat post finish to match the frame finish - I ordered my P5 three a few weeks ago and will be getting a 2013 - I have not gotten an expected delivery date - am anticipating it sometime in Nov/Dec according to the dealer.

Bpb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jar70 wrote:
Hey Andy...did you get all gloss one? Sweet - do you have your full bike now? Awesome.

Please let me know what you think when you get Toby to whip that up - I will be super interested in seeing the pics and hearing your feedback - I know that you are "as particular" as I am!!!! ;-)

Cheers mate!

I am not sure what I am getting. It is supposed to arrive on Thursday. It does not matter what I get because its going to get an all matte black paint job!

I will for sure post pictures once it is complete. Looks like it will take 3-5 weeks though.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Alex Kehr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, thanks for your post showing certain modifications to the P5. I was surprised to see that you had to do a special modification to get the Di2 shifting out on the bars where you use the brakes. I thought all Di2 systems allowed shifting at the end of the aerobars and also at the brakes. At least Di2 TT bikes that I've seen allow shifting at both positions, which is one reason I'd like to get a Di2 TT bike.

So the normal stock p5 does not have this feature?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [goodacre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The p5 with hydraulic brakes needs the magura brake levers so a custom mod is required to have shifting on the base bar. You can put normal brakes and use the di2 brakes if you want.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

These really should be standards as to who is allowed to buy these things. "Satin seatpost? No P5 for you!"
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [awor31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent. Do you have any more room to go steeper?

Quote | Reply
Yes That is correct My p5-6 arrived matte black
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ppatel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any pics of the 6 yet? Would love to see it in all it's glory ... and to see what the gloss+satin looks like...

Thanks and enjoy the ride!!!

Quote | Reply
 (btw, LBS has 54 and 56 size frames/bikes)[/quote]
What LBS? and where?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
smaki wrote:
Damon

How does one request Toby to spray a seat post with satin - at a minimum I would want the seat post finish to match the frame finish - I ordered my P5 three a few weeks ago and will be getting a 2013 - I have not gotten an expected delivery date - am anticipating it sometime in Nov/Dec according to the dealer.

Bpb

Dam...do we now need satin helmets? which one? the pressure of owning a P5 is getting to me.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [warrenpp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.tririg.com/articles/2012_09_Pro_Challenge_TT_Gear/960/2012_09_Pro_Challenge_TT_Gear_36.jpg

Gloss is still very nice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my 56cm P5-6 last Thursday and put ove 150 miles on it this past weekend. I thought mixing the matte black and gloss was going to look bad. But in person it looks pretty cool. This is a badass bike and it looks awesome as it came to me.

Question? Has anyone produced a small box that will go at the bottom of the frame to be used on that boss under the water bottle (where the P4 water bottle is)? I figured this would be a good spot for something integrated that would hold a tube and a few CO2s...
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goodacre wrote:
Hi, thanks for your post showing certain modifications to the P5. I was surprised to see that you had to do a special modification to get the Di2 shifting out on the bars where you use the brakes. I thought all Di2 systems allowed shifting at the end of the aerobars and also at the brakes. At least Di2 TT bikes that I've seen allow shifting at both positions, which is one reason I'd like to get a Di2 TT bike.

So the normal stock p5 does not have this feature?

Because the brakes are hydraulic, you need to use the Magura levers. It isn't an option to use the Di2 levers, unless you opt for standard brake calipers. To recreate the Di2 base bar shifting functionality, custom buttons were created for her.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Alex Kehr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alex Kehr wrote:

We just built up Jo Lawn's 2013 P5 for Vegas and Kona-- it looks awesome!

A full gallery of 38 images, included how we custom modded the Di2 onto the hydraulic brakes, can be found here: http://www.theradsport.com/...per-mod-for-jo-lawn/

Hey Alex-- Jo's bike looks absolutely awesome. Can you give any more details on how you put the shifters down on the bullhorns? What buttons did you use? Are they waterproof? Did you drill a hole in the base bar? If so, where? is that structurally sound? How did you tie into the rest of the Di2?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [withrow79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
withrow79 wrote:
I got my 56cm P5-6 last Thursday and put ove 150 miles on it this past weekend. I thought mixing the matte black and gloss was going to look bad. But in person it looks pretty cool. This is a badass bike and it looks awesome as it came to me.

Question? Has anyone produced a small box that will go at the bottom of the frame to be used on that boss under the water bottle (where the P4 water bottle is)? I figured this would be a good spot for something integrated that would hold a tube and a few CO2s...
In Reply To:

Torhans was supposed to have a bottle/storage unit, but I have not seen it yet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How long were you waiting for your P5-six? Ordered the same size bike, was told Mid October.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
withrow79 wrote:

After Cervelo contacted us for development ideas for P5 aftermarket storage units, we expressed interest in possibly manufacturing such a storage unit (as well as other units). However, we would first need detailed dimensional info for this area (of all frame sizes) to be able to proceed.

So perhaps Damon can chime in on whether the data is available ?

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Loughnessmnstr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered my bike a few days after it was officially launched back in January. I was originally told March, then June, then September, then "probably Jan-13". I have an awesome LBS (High Gear Cyclery in Stirling, NJ) and I don't know how they did it, but they called me with my surprise last week!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DarkSpeedWorks wrote:
withrow79 wrote:

After Cervelo contacted us for development ideas for P5 aftermarket storage units, we expressed interest in possibly manufacturing such a storage unit (as well as other units). However, we would first need detailed dimensional info for this area (of all frame sizes) to be able to proceed.

So perhaps Damon can chime in on whether the data is available ?

FWIW, I loved my Dark Speedworks Speedpack 480 on my P3. The first thing I did was order a 480D for the P5 and hopefully it will be waiting for me when I get home tonight! That covers my nutrition...

Damon, get these guys some dimensions so I can have a place for my spare kit...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just run a set of the road sprint shifters on it, you set it up like the road bikes with the down shift on the right and up shift on the left. No need to run a set of dual levers on both sides as you shouldn't be needing to do much front derailleur shifting from the bullhorns. We had a set put on one of the bikes that rolled through our shop. Takes a little bit of time and knowledge of how to setup the wiring harnesses but so does the whole P5 setup. I'll take some more pics at the shop when I get back tomorrow and post for you.
Quote Reply

Prev Next