Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jar70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I didn't't have Damon's email to do a PM. Now I do!

Tom Piszkin
UCSD Triathlon Coach
@TitanFlexBikes
(619)334-7222
(619)328-1870 FAX
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [TitanFlex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries...glad he is able to get in touch...guy knows his stuff!!!

Quote | Reply
How does it look with the Aura bars? I believe the Aura bars have a gloss finish. If someone has a P5 three with the satin finish it would be nice to see the overall bike picture.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Putting the Aura bars on the P5 doesn't do it justice. I saw one the other day, and while the bars match the frame colorways quite well, the bars are crap but the rest of the bike is genius.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [ZackC.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is "crap" about them? Is there a good set of bars that anyone would recommend instead of the Aura's?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [smaki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even when tightened to the specified torque, the aerobar extensions are extraordinarily flimsy feeling. The bar extensions themselves are not the problem so much as the clamp seems to not hold the extensions as securely as it should. Next time you see a set of Auras mounted on a bike, give em a squeeze and tell me they don't feel about as stiff as cooked spaghetti. You can get the extension tips to touch with only a light grip. I would say that I'm genuinely impressed that the bars haven't snapped off when someone hit a pothole, but the clamp would have to hold the bars securely for them to snap off,which it doesn't.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Some P5´s "satin dress" pics:

These pictures were taken by Max from Kona Bikes, Official Cervélo Dealer in Brasil, at Eurobike 2012 and were published on his blog (in Portuguese) - http://maxkonabikes.blogspot.com.br/

The official information is that the satin finish comes only in 2013, following the change of the pattern in the other P and S bikes .
Is that right, David? Was it a strategic move to accelerate the delivery and thus all bikes comes with this finish, or changes are only for the 2013 bikes?

And 51 bikes? Is someone (mortals like all of us) riding some p5 size 51 (my size and I can´t stand waiting anymore)?

Cheers from Brasil
Last edited by: danielblois: Aug 30, 12 3:20
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [danielblois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks a bit funny with the glossy handlebars now.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [borncrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And what about the glossy seatpost????
Last edited by: danielblois: Aug 30, 12 4:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In fact, I like the satin finish, but the whole concept with the glossy seatpost and handlebar is somehow ill-conceived.
Please think about it. I had a look on plasma premium, and they have the seatpost in the same finish like the frame, looks far better!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Johnek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure it does.
The same for the BMC TM01.
Last edited by: danielblois: Aug 30, 12 4:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danielblois wrote:

The official information is that the satin finish comes only in 2013, following the change of the pattern in the other P and S bikes .
Is that right, David? Was it a strategic move to accelerate the delivery and thus all bikes comes with this finish, or changes are only for the 2013 bikes?

And 51 bikes? Is someone (mortals like all of us) riding some p5 size 51 (my size and I can´t stand waiting anymore)?

Cheers from Brasil

I think that everything that ships from here on out will have the satin finish. Call it 2013 if you like, but we are not too hung up on the model year distinctions. We don't change a model unless we can improve them. The only thing we can improve on the P5 is delivery so we changed the finish to something that can be done faster and more consistently. It also looks killer in person.

Good feedback on the glossy bar and seat post. I will share it with product management. I don't if there is a planned change to the finish.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At a minimum I would hope that they change the seat post to Satin - I ordered a 2013 P5 and will be disappointed if it is a glossy seat post - like previous posts - not very well thought out, I understand the change but Cervelo needs to take in the whole concept -
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please David and team. Have them do something about post and bars. Otherwise the bike loses the awesome integrated look and seems to be mix matched together. Having glossy and satin bits detracts from the overall presentation and aesthetics of the bike. I know it will perform equally well, but surely you want it to look 'right' as well.

Can't tell you enough how much I am hoping that the bike will come like it was meant to look all satin and not a mismatched set...

Thanks for taking our feedback into consideration.

Quote | Reply
jar70 wrote:
Please David and team. Have them do something about post and bars. Otherwise the bike loses the awesome integrated look and seems to be mix matched together. Having glossy and satin bits detracts from the overall presentation and aesthetics of the bike. I know it will perform equally well, but surely you want it to look 'right' as well.

Can't tell you enough how much I am hoping that the bike will come like it was meant to look all satin and not a mismatched set...

Thanks for taking our feedback into consideration.

+1
I think everybody will share this opinion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am considering a P5 and the inconsistency in satin-glossy seatpost/stem/bars would be a deal breaker. I completely understand the need to increase delivery response time (as people have been waiting for a while), but as a previous poster said, it seems like an "after thought." I sincerely hope this changes as the bike is awesome.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by danielblois [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you quantified the drag differences between matte and glossy finish for a bike with high surface area like the P5?

http://cds-0.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my satin p5 that I took delivery of today. You have to wait until you old to afford this stuff and then you to slow to use it properly. Anyway I am just going to enjoy....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't care about the finish... at this point, I just want a 51 Cervelo P5 for Vegas 70.3 and IMAZ... it's been on order since April with LBS but they seem to only get vague answers back from Cervelo... what's the timing on this size (btw, LBS has 54 and 56 size frames/bikes)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [warrenpp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
warrenpp wrote:
Here is my satin p5 that I took delivery of today. You have to wait until you old to afford this stuff and then you to slow to use it properly. Anyway I am just going to enjoy....

Picture no workie.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Epic-o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Have you quantified the drag differences between matte and glossy finish for a bike with high surface area like the P5?

+1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
According to painting finishing, Cervelo decided to change from glossy to satin for improving bikes production and deliveries. Additionally, far as we know QC has been optimized. Hence, we can asume that the Quality process (less working hours, less raw materials & others) has been generating a cost reduction that must be reflected on bike's sale price. Mentioned above, will keep customers / prospects as partners during this journey.

Regards
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Edgard19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Edgard19 wrote:
we can asume that the Quality process [..] has been generating a cost reduction that must be reflected on bike's sale price.

Good luck with that assumption.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Edgard19] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How bad is your painter that by not having to shoot clearcoat it makes a significant difference in delivery time...
Quote Reply

Prev Next