Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrew69 wrote:
Shit, it may have too much stack for me :(

Check their pad height stack / reach chart for the 3 versions of the pads (in Herbert's link above) before you give up.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We were told that the X-Lo can actually actually lower than any Garmin Pro would go.

Plus remember, since this stem system isn't proprietary, you can use any bar and stem option you desire.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and word on backwards compatibility of the tri fork? It looks like it could be a bolt on mod for the p4 or a bolt on with some dremmel work mod.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
We were told that the X-Lo can actually actually lower than any Garmin Pro would go.

What's strange is that the reach doesn't seem adjustable with the X-low, so although it goes lower you can only use it if you're lucky enough that the reach is just right.

For me there's no frame size with X-Lo that produces enough reach.
Last edited by: matto: Jan 17, 12 22:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
matto wrote:
Herbert wrote:

What's strange is that the reach doesn't seem adjustable with the X-low, so although it goes lower you can only use it if you're lucky enough that the reach is just right.

For me there's no frame size with X-Lo that produces enough reach.

Garmin riders *might* be sitting futher back due to the dumb seat rule. Making the reach longer and if their arms aren't at 90 it allows them to have higher stack too.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just measured a 56 P4.

Floor to bottom of frame = ~26cm
Floor to center of BB = ~28cm
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grant,
That topic never came up. I never even thought about what was, I only was interested and smitten by what IS.

:-)

H
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Herbert wrote:
Grant,
That topic never came up. I never even thought about what was, I only was interested and smitten by what IS.

:-)

H

Well if you could pull some Herbert strings and find out if its even maybe possible I might have a go at it :)
I'll sure say looking at the pics you posted and looking at my p4 that front end on the uci looks damn near identical. I'm not seeing how it wouldn't work even if it took a little modification.
Last edited by: Grant.Reuter: Jan 17, 12 22:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you buy the Tri Frameset for $6500, it says you get the Magura RT8 brake calipers, but not the Magura RT8 brake levers. Is this possible? Aren't the required together?
Last edited by: matto: Jan 17, 12 22:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a set
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's some pretty good info in the links provided on cervelo's page. I'll link them here:
http://lavamagazine.com/...ts-p5/#axzz1jmeo22Rj
http://www.3gomagazine.com/...The-Ride--Cervelo-P5
http://triathlonmagazine.ca/...s/cervelo-p5-launch/ -> video with Phil White!
http://www.bikerumor.com/

No tunnel data, but up to 11 watts is the figure with the uci illegal, probably. UCI legal probably around 6-7 watts over the P4
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [justkeepedaling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
according to the article, " Yet when you incorporate the massive 11 centimeters of aerobar fit variability—with an integrated front end that’s capable of going lower than the P4 ever was (lower than that to a -17-degree stem, they’re able to placate their agro-positioned ProTour riders like Dave Zabriskie."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the UCI legal one:

1) I assume the Magura RT6 is also a hydraulic brake similar to that of the RT8? Only difference being the RT8 is internalized on the front (likely a different shape)?

2) It comes with 3T Aura bars rather than the Aduro (sp?)? Is that right?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [AndrewM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the way I understand it for the complete bike. The UCI-legal frameset comes with what appears to be a mechanical rear brake. RT6 and RT8 sound like they are the same shape, with the RT6 being a bit heavier. The RT8 on the triathlon version of the P5 is shrouded by a cover that integrates it into the different fork.

UCI-legal comes with 3T Aura. 3T Aduro is reported to be UCI-legal (no word on price or availability as aftermarket).

Geoffrey Nenninger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justkeepedaling wrote:
according to the article, " Yet when you incorporate the massive 11 centimeters of aerobar fit variability—with an integrated front end that’s capable of going lower than the P4 ever was (lower than that to a -17-degree stem, they’re able to placate their agro-positioned ProTour riders like Dave Zabriskie."

Depends on what kind of bar and also possibly the clamp diameter ... I am willing to bet they used something like the brezza as a baseline. Try reproducing the same stack as a P4 with the lower stack fsa headset, -17deg stem, and a USE tula bar.

Might I add ... DZ has really long legs!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Matto,
thanks it will work just fine...

Herbert wrote:

Plus remember, since this stem system isn't proprietary, you can use any bar and stem option you desire.

Yep, X-Lo can easily be lower and longer than a P3 in a 51.

$10K...I wonder what I would need to buy the Mrs to justify that!
Im thinking a new car as a minimum :(
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Andrew69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if this has been discussed, but after the first wow there are a few things that disappoint me:
- No pursuit shifting using Di2, unless I missed it
- No internal hydration
- No integrated food or tool storage boxes

An open question: if you need to take off the bar to take the bike on a plane - is that possible with the hydraulic brake lines?

I'm all for these highly integrated bikes, and they are becoming more practical. But if triathletes end up biking around with things sticking out everywhere because they need to store their tubbie, CO2 cartridge, bars, etc, then it kind of misses the point.

Just my 0.02c. Gorgeous frame, though :).

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jever98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No shifting the Di2 from the pursuit, so far. Very easy to add di2 switches, though. Internal fluid is just a gimmick. A specialized Virtue and a between the bars bottle are all you need. There are tons of integrated opportunities for the P5. You can put a tool kit over the bb and a bento box for gels, etc. If you don't use Di2, you can put a tube in the bb housing. Yes, very possible to take the bar off and stuff it into a bike container. The hydraulic brake lines are part of a closed system
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
justkeepedaling wrote:
No shifting the Di2 from the pursuit, so far. Very easy to add di2 switches, though. Internal fluid is just a gimmick. A specialized Virtue and a between the bars bottle are all you need. There are tons of integrated opportunities for the P5. You can put a tool kit over the bb and a bento box for gels, etc. If you don't use Di2, you can put a tube in the bb housing. Yes, very possible to take the bar off and stuff it into a bike container. The hydraulic brake lines are part of a closed system

Actually not that easy to add Di2 switches on pursuits, I did it and it wasnt that easy to find waterproof reliable, low profile switches.

The amount people worry about the frame shape and showing the least amount of surface area is a red herring - Bento boxes that stick out and poorly fitting storage solutions are so much worse (in my guess) than the difference between a P2, P3, P4, or P5. Just look at any IM race to see what horrible concotions the majority have to come up with to store all their stuff. I know I struggle with it.

---
power2max
http://www.power2max.com/northamerica
official power meter of Movistar Team
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jever98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bento box would be behind the stem, as in bolted in and pretty much integrated. The tool kit would be bolted to the bottom bracket shielded by the downtube and bottle. I'm sure both will be quite aero and intended for use specifically for the P5, kind of like the Speed Concepts addition behind the seat tube. No frontal area will be increased.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [GDNenn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm just guessing based on what's posted on the site and a few online articles but it sounds like the RT6 is the same caliper design but cable actuated. I'm guessing that might mean an on board master AND slave cylinder. The cable actuates the master which kicks to the slave... or at least that's the only way i can see the brake having a similar shape, look and feel while being operated by a cable. Great design if that is it. Master cylinder likely doesn't weigh much at all and it allows geometries and leverage ratios that aren't possible for a purely cable actuated brake or at least not one set up as a center pull.

What will be really cool is if somehow we end up with a sort of standard where to use the RT8 calipers with STI levers they come out with a hydraulic STI and somehow (yeah a dream, I know I know) other companies and likely magura will bring out compatible disk calipers for cross!
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [drgwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
drgwood wrote:
anybody know the BB height from the floor for a P4? mine was totaled by car so scrambling for measurements

Hi drgwood,

P4 frame drop = 6cm
P5 frame drop = 7.5cm

so the P5 is 1.5cm lower.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry I was talking BB to floor. measurement B on the arm rest stack reach worksheet
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Tai,

Actually, Magura RT6 and RT8 brakes are identical expect color and a few material substitutions (carbon lever blade, a few ti bolts.) Both are fully hydraulic and function is identical (both braking and aerodynamic).

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply

Prev Next