Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry can someone tell me if my P5-6 51 is going to come with the X-low config?

Also anyone know when the 51's are shipping? (frame set only)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maurice, I believe a very few 51s have already shipped. More are scheduled to go out in the North America by the end of the month (small numbers) with more in November and December. I'm still waiting on mine... I don't know if I am excited for one or not though. On one hand, I can't swim or run and I find TTs to be complete torture... but, on the other hand, it is totally bada$$ looking. Regardless, I am sure you will get yours first.

All P5 Sixes are shipped with the low and high position. The X-Lo can be ordered in addition through the shop.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [David Byer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
david, anything on the 48's [650] bikes. when they might go into production. been waiting 6 months with little info...thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David Byer wrote:
maurice, I believe a very few 51s have already shipped. More are scheduled to go out in the North America by the end of the month (small numbers) with more in November and December. I'm still waiting on mine... I don't know if I am excited for one or not though. On one hand, I can't swim or run and I find TTs to be complete torture... but, on the other hand, it is totally bada$$ looking. Regardless, I am sure you will get yours first.

All P5 Sixes are shipped with the low and high position. The X-Lo can be ordered in addition through the shop.

Thanks, I actually got a call from my shop the next day.

Looks like two weeks! I have a client who ordered a 48 from the same shop (spoke and motion kamloops) any word on those?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [rhudson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well, rhudson, I can say that I have seen one with my own eyes. Even built one up for an athlete. So, they DO exist and are in production. However, the smallest frame sometimes is produced in the smallest numbers and that could mean you won't see yours tomorrow. I think we plan to start shipping some closer to December so it will not necessarily come in time if you are doing a race like Arizona.

Feel free to PM me if you want to talk more details.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [bikerbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did the frameset replacement include the Magura Brakes? I'm in a similar situation and wondering what the rear brake options are if what's supplied for warranty purposes does not include the rear brake.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [davews09] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my frameset replacement included the RT6 hydraulic brakes

"Oh you hate your job? There's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David, is any information available on the P5-6 with 61 frame size? Is the tool already existing and when is production scheduled? I ordered in March 2012 and I still hope for a christmas gift.
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Jens-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jens-tri wrote:
Is the tool already existing and when is production scheduled?

Yes, the tool already exists (Tom Lowe raced one in Kona) and they are definitely scheduled. I am not certain when start shipping but I am sure that small quantities start soon.

Jens-tri wrote:
I ordered in March 2012 and I still hope for a christmas gift.

Sorry for that huge delay. I know it is tough getting excited to race it this year only to have it pushed back to next season. Christmas is not out of the question but we should PM to get more specific info on your order. Nice 'gift' by the way...

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know what rear brakes (besides the magura) work with the P5? I prefer to have a cable-pull brake. I know the "old" framesets came with some sort of Tektro, but I don't know the model. Also, the Cervelo P5 whitepaper states that "Either the Magura or a TRP center pull style brake can be installed in the back." Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, TRP. We have some in stock so you can request one through your retailer.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like the omega aero brake will work back there:
http://www.tririg.com/...ga_compatibility.pdf

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'm going to have a Omega up front, but don't see any advantage to having one in the back, given that the Omega is more expensive than other 'non-aero' rear brakes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
David, thanks for the quick response. Do you know the model TRP brake? And can it be purchased separately online, or is it strictly an OEM product? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Off the top of my head, I can't recall. I'll have to look at it on Monday when I can pick one up and look at it. I believe it is just one of their standard brakes but I should probably confirm rather than go on foggy memory.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds good if you could let me know Monday that'd be great. I don't have much confidence in my local retailer and would prefer to order separately if possible.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 wrote:
Thanks. I'm going to have a Omega up front, but don't see any advantage to having one in the back, given that the Omega is more expensive than other 'non-aero' rear brakes.

Well, the omega fits there, so I'd say that's a pretty significant advantage.
And they're not free, but they're cheaper than 2013 DA ...

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
davews09 - so, it is a TRP T925R.1. It is an inverted version of the T925r

You will not be able to order it direct from TRP since we had them flip it so that the cable enters the non-drive side when mount under the chain stays. Luckily, we have many in stock here in Toronto. PM me if you need help getting the right part ordered through your Retailer.

I haven't tried it, but the T922.1 almost looks like it would work. However, I don't know if it is skinny enough to fit under the cover. It also looks like the T925 will have a little better cable action. Best to stick with the one that definitely works.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not in the market for a P5 but out of interest has there been any aero evaluation of the frameset, either in articles or anecdotally/through field-testing etc, since the white-paper which iirc was receieved with mixed views? cheers......
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a P5 frame set coming in sometime soon (I hope!). I presently have a Quarq on a FSA team issue crankset (Mega EXO BB).

Is there a way to make my current crankset work on the P5? Ie. Is there a BBRight adapter/reducer that will accept the FSA team issue crankset?
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seth, that is great to hear that you have one on the way. I believe that the Team Issue uses the same Bottom Bracket as the K Force and SLK line of Mega-Exo cranks (BB-8681). If that is correct, then the answer to your question is "yes." In fact, I am pretty confident that this is the case but I don't have much experience with the Team Issue stuff.

The confusing part is that not all Mega-Exo cranks use the same Bottom Bracket. Even in threaded frames, different Mega-Exo cranks use different Bottom Bracket bearing cup widths. The SLK and K Force style cranks can be used on BBright because we have a Mega-Exo cup that fits our frame. However, a Gossamer Mega-Exo crank will not fit perfectly because it calls for a different distance between the two outer bearing faces.

Clear as mud? Feel free to PM me to follow up. I can help you get confirmation on the answer.

David Byer
Cervélo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dear Cervelo,

Is the new Cervelo P5 Six (triathlon version) with the Sram Red group compatible with the sram red quarq 2012 power meter?
And which Sram Red group is actually on the Cervelo P5? Sram Red Black or Sram red 2012?

Greetings,

Axel

2016 Schedule:
IM South Africa - Challenge Roth - IM 70.3 Zell am See - Marathon Valencia
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Seth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually just got my P5 three frameset and Cervelo actually asked me what crankset I was going to use (it was the FSA team issue Quarq also) and they sent the correct BB adapter with it

"Oh you hate your job? There's a support group for that, it's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar."
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Axolotl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Axolotl,

Yes. The new SRAM Red Quarq power meter is compatible with all BBright frames, including all P5s.

Not sure which SRAM Red group we've assembled on the P5, I'll have to check on that for you.

Cheers,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: The official Cervelo P5 thread [Axolotl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
David or Damon may chime in here. If I am looking at the specs correctly, the P5-6 with Red comes with the BBRight compatible Rotor 3D+ crankset (with round rings). Quarq does not make a Cinco that is compatible with the 3D+ crankset. So, if you have a quarq already you would need the BBRight adapter for Shimano style cranks.

The other option, though you might be an early adopter, would be to see how/if Rotor would put their new Powermeter on the 3D+ crankset that comes with your bike.

And, another option still might be to see if there is an up/down spec to the Quarq compatible SRAM Crankset when you order the bike, but I don't think that will be an option.

EDIT: Damon beat me to it. If you have a SRAM Red Quarq already, you can get the adapters to fit.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Last edited by: -BrandonMarshTX: Nov 7, 12 5:39
Quote Reply

Prev Next